Blind moving trailer?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
I've got blinds that need to be built and moved, and another that needs to be moved. I'm getting to spend upwards of $500/day to get a skid steer and pallet forks and extensions to have the equipment to do this. All my stuff is light enough to lift by hand, but some of these need to move a half mile at times, so doing on foot ain't in the cards, and they have to go places you cannot get a truck.

I'm looking for something that can hook behind my ATV, a flatbed with tires under the deck. Would like it to be no more than 5' wide and 7' long, and totally flat, or at least with rails that can come off. Is there anything out there like this, or could an enterprising welder whip one of these together quickly enough? Doesn't need to have highway tires or be heavy duty either. I'd rather have smaller tires so it's lower to the ground. Probably needs to be able to handle 400 pounds max.

I've got blinds that need to be built and moved, and another that needs to be moved. I'm getting to spend upwards of $500/day to get a skid steer and pallet forks and extensions to have the equipment to do this. All my stuff is light enough to lift by hand, but some of these need to move a half mile at times, so doing on foot ain't in the cards, and they have to go places you cannot get a truck.

I'm looking for something that can hook behind my ATV, a flatbed with tires under the deck. Would like it to be no more than 5' wide and 7' long, and totally flat, or at least with rails that can come off. Is there anything out there like this, or could an enterprising welder whip one of these together quickly enough? Doesn't need to have highway tires or be heavy duty either. I'd rather have smaller tires so it's lower to the ground. Probably needs to be able to handle 400 pounds max.
Not sure what you got planned for a trailer....but I got 4 wheels & tires that are take-off's from my golf cart. You can have 'em if you can use 'em.

Some years back.....I moved my old Rotomolded blinds on 4x4" wooden posts with wheels from a boat hoist. These plastic wheels have a 1" diameter hole in center allowing ordinary pipe to be used as an axel. Just use some big washers and a long cotter pin to secure the wheels to the pipes. I rolled them some pretty good distances over level ground.....but it was a challenge.

Picking blinds up with my forks is far easier / safer too.

Some years back.....I moved my old Rotomolded blinds on 4x4" wooden posts with wheels from a boat hoist. These plastic wheels have a 1" diameter hole in center allowing ordinary pipe to be used as an axel. Just use some big washers and a long cotter pin to secure the wheels to the pipes. I rolled them some pretty good distances over level ground.....but it was a challenge.

Picking blinds up with my forks is far easier / safer too.

That’s what I’ve got in mind. I just either have to find it or make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Tool and/or Harbor Freight have several small utility trailers in the $500 range. For the price of one day renting a skid steer you could have a new trailer.

That’s what I’ve got in mind. I just either have to find it or make it.

I meant to add.....that some folks have these molded wheels/tires laying around all summer.....as they just use them to move their boat hoists in spring / fall. I used to have four of them....but I gave them to my neighbor.....and two others went when I sold one of my hoists. Today I have zero. The dock shops used to weld a steel hub to auto tires and wheels for this purpose (cheap).

One of my Redneck blinds is on skids that can be pulled around the farm with 4-wheeler/UTV. Build you own skids to put under your blinds???

Attachments

• redneck on skids.jpg
    redneck on skids.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
I found one on Northern Tool for $550. I also ran it by my brother. He thinks we could build one this winter out of parts he's got laying around. I'll get something figured by this spring. Gonna build one new blind for sure, and have to move one more. I can see me eventually having 6 of my homemade jobbers around the perimeter of the property in another year or two.

Look for an single place snowmobile trailer on facebook market place.

I found one on Northern Tool for $550. I also ran it by my brother. He thinks we could build one this winter out of parts he's got laying around. I'll get something figured by this spring. Gonna build one new blind for sure, and have to move one more. I can see me eventually having 6 of my homemade jobbers around the perimeter of the property in another year or two.

This is something simple my dad made to move his topper around I think. Crude pic as I had to pull it out of storage but hopefully you get the idea. You could modify it for your specs.
97a0c531bd0478da1ddb8a10466dff1b.jpg

I bought a cheap used small boat trailer once for this. Trashed the bunks and bolted on some angle iron so the box fit right in there.

U-haul often has trailers you can rent for like 30 bucks a day. Rent one now, then build one with BIL.

Trailer prices have gotten ridiculous to buy.

Maybe you have a friend with tractor and you buy them a set of forks with extensions

We built the little trailer back in the mid to late 90s. 4 feet wide, 6 feet long, tilt bed, removable rails and lights and floor. Built heavy, tires are the limiting factor for weight, 1600 lbs IIRC. Being only a couple inches wider than the wheeler, it goes through the woods nicely. Would be nice to have bigger wheels at times but would raise the center of gravity higher than I'd like. And yes, I know our jacking setup looks pretty sketchy, but that blind isn't as heavy as it looks.

Attachments

• 20200926_115025.jpg
    20200926_115025.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 19
Find an old running gear and make a flat rack on top out of wood. Put it on that, can be hauled anywhere. Very stable.

Be alot easier to move stuff with a pickup truck.

Making an ATV trailer, be mindful of weifht balance.

Bought a rowboat, but only need the boat to put in Nyc water reserviors. Must leave there permenantly, great fishing.

Thinking of making one for rhe son in law. Maybe even highway travelable. Mayve heated.

Snowmobike trailers have great ground clearance and wide tire good in mud.

20231018_173405.jpg

A few years back j wad going to make a blind i can brinf up north. Slides into my 5x10 trailer. Has slots i csn slide 4x4s amd jack up onto cider blocks and drive away without thr blind.

I think Bill on to something too. You can probably find an old boat trailer, maybe with boat cheap. Then just reinforce the struts.

U find an old enough boat trailer and they tilt too. Both of mine do.

But for a light weight blind as mentioned would just make a skid kinda like that one blind has. Use some 4x4s if no welder handy.

Another idea the ole man used was to attach a cable to an old car hood. Course those were land yachts back then and plenty big and beefy

A boat trailer can get quite long in the woods.