Mn gun opener

The queens lost the last game do to poor coaching IMO.

Finally saw a live deer last night near Rogers.

What decision was wrong ? O’Connell won five games in a row with back ups. Best receiver in league is hurt, Cousins hurt, Akers hurt, Evans hurt … best LB hurt ?

The queens lost the last game do to poor coaching IMO.

Finally saw a live deer last night near Rogers.

There's plenty of deer around this part of the state.

I never saw a deer during rifle season. NOT 1. Doesn't get any worse than that. Now if I can find that recipe for tag soup.....

This year was a real disappointment. I had high hopes of getting a deer and a bear, and then taking a whole weekend to can at the cabin. No wild game in the diet for the next year, unless I get back into fishing.

I did score some wild elk in trade for some of my super bread. I'm gonna can that this weekend. Never canned wild elk. Pretty excited to see what I get.

Through 11/20 - 679 (where my parents land is) has 1930 total harvested. Last year (with a 2 deer limit due to CWD regs vs 1 deer either sex this year) there was 3157 total harvested of which only 87 were during the still to come muzzle loading season.

Buck harvest in my unit (157) seems about on par with last year prior to muzzle loader and late archery season.

This year was a real disappointment. I had high hopes of getting a deer and a bear, and then taking a whole weekend to can at the cabin. No wild game in the diet for the next year, unless I get back into fishing.

I did score some wild elk in trade for some of my super bread. I'm gonna can that this weekend. Never canned wild elk. Pretty excited to see what I get.
Save some for steaks or w/e! Elks too good to can. ;)

What decision was wrong ? O’Connell won five games in a row with back ups. Best receiver in league is hurt, Cousins hurt, Akers hurt, Evans hurt … best LB hurt ?
1st drive, 3rd and 1 against the worst run defense in the league. they lined their TE under center and ran a pitch play to the QB. He fumbles. Plus, why have your QB take a hit like that so early in the game when you are short staffed. Matti son sucks, but a dive play probably would’ve got the 1 yard.

ok, sorry. Back to MN gun opener. If you want further discussion on the Vikings, open another thread.

They pulled the running back from boise state…..the others couldn’t run.

They obviously shouldn’t have kicked that last field goal.

They should have tried more deep balls.

They had a lot touchbacks in the punting game I think.

They should have not been so conservative on defense at the last drive.

Russel Wilson is too good for that.

The queens should have anticipated that they would run outta gas in the 4 th due to the elevation.

I have only watched two games this year.

Oregon lost to Washington for being coached too recklessly.

The Queens were coached too conservative. IMO

That Chris Collingsworth is sure fun to listen too. I forgot how knowledgeable he is.

Last edited:
Imma give the vikes coaches a pass.

Definitely have to start figuring out 2nd half offense. What a turn around the D has been showing lately. Who'd a thunk they'd be somewhat relevant at this point in the season? Just good enough to possibly disappoint in the playoffs again.

We should have drafted Tom Brady too.. definitely some armchair coaches here ! As a former coach, I see some of your points.

However, I believe O’Connell & Flores are both excellent coaches and I rarely criticize them, because I recognize they are both top notch !

Keep drinking that purple kool aide!

Education is expensive, hopefully one can learn from shortcomings?

I am happy for Russel, Sean…..not so much.

We should have drafted Tom Brady too.. definitely some armchair coaches here ! As a former coach, I see some of your points.

However, I believe O’Connell & Flores are both excellent coaches and I rarely criticize them, because I recognize they are both top notch !

Nope. 64 offensive plays/game on average. They all need to be the right choice (Like that fake punt that worked to perfection).

I never understood the way a successful aggressive defense is abandoned at the end of the game.

I think one should dance with who brought you there.

Vikings historically abandon the things that work well. We get rid of a player and they go on to do great things. jmho

Holy crap. Not a Vikings fan at all but I'd be happy as hell that they even won a game with a QB they traded for a couple of weeks ago. I've watched very little Vikings football but that Dobbs kid impresses the hell out of me that he even remotely knows what to do with the ball only being with the team 3 weeks midseason.

Imma give the vikes coaches a pass.

Definitely have to start figuring out 2nd half offense. What a turn around the D has been showing lately. Who'd a thunk they'd be somewhat relevant at this point in the season? Just good enough to possibly disappoint in the playoffs again.

I never understood the way a successful aggressive defense is abandoned at the end of the game.

I think one should dance with who brought you there.
The Prevent defense, prevents you from winning. Lots of teams do this, it must be mandated in the NFL field manual.
”Don’t give up the big play”. LOL. Loses the game just about all the time. I’d much rather get beat by a spectacular big play than just allow the other team to just take it down the field at will.

Agreed

The mistake they made is not throwing the season in trade for higher round draft pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk