Gardening 2015

West Branch

5 year old buck +
Feel free to post any garden pictures in this thread. We moved to a new house last fall and put in a new garden that is a bit smaller than the old one. Only tomatoes, peppers and onions this year but I did get a cabbage from a coworker so this is my first time making sauerkraut. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. Only took one picture:

Looks like some cherry tomatoes will be ready this week and some green tomatoes are getting good sized but haven't started to turn yet.

If you can get more cabbage you should cook up some Halushki. Never had it until I met my wife and now it's one of my favorites. Sauté the cabbage with onions, garlic, bacon, butter and dumplings. :)

I don't have one, but this is my buddy's garden. I've been consulting him on fertility and it seems like we almost got it dialed in. He's got calcium problems showing up in his peppers which I suspect are due to a high pH at 8.0. He got an incomplete soil test, so who knows? No base saturation and no CEC. I'm wondering if he's got tie up due to way too much calcium. I told him to go get some sulfur and put it on. No CEC, so no exact rate.
PART_1437413654684_IMAG0014.jpg