Electroculture gardening

Troubles Trees

5 year old buck +
Anyone ever played around with electroculture? Interesting idea and has quite a bit of history to it. I stumbled across this last week when I saw some 12” “grounding stakes for trees” and have been poking around the topic. There are only a couple studies I found on it, most recent was 2012 and it appears to actually work quite a few different setups for big and small areas.

Thought it was interesting so figured I’d feel you guys out on it.

Not yet. Heard about it a few months ago, but haven't had time to look much into it. Sounds expensive.

Some of the systems can be if you’re covering a field or orchard.

Some are as simple as wrapping 12ga electrical wire around 12” bamboo and sticking it in near your target. If anyone knows an electrician, scraps would do just fine for free.
Figured it was a topic worth more discussion from people that may have tried. Even on a small scale, this could help cut losses and promote overall growth of young plantings for the first few years.

I'd like to give it a go this year. I need a lot more info on it though, and probably some material. I have some 2.5mm wire, which is 14ga according to Google.

It’s an interesting topic and worth a try at least on a small scale at first. Was hoping for more to respond to what they know about this.

Interesting that Bees and pollen producing things have different electrical characteristics and when a flower is out of pollen it emits a different type of energy so when a bee lands it can read that and move on.
The topic of Bees are amazing! It just seems like it’s a hidden knowledge for some reason.

I’ve heard of it, but I haven’t found proof that it’s a big difference maker. I think the earth is capable of a lot, but there is always a limiting factor that holds the rest of the potential in check. Could be season length, moisture, heat, biology, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve found quite a few studies on it, most are on a larger scale though. I haven’t found much “science” wise to support smaller things like tree stakes kind of stuff.
I’ll keep digging when I have time!

I’ve found quite a few studies on it, most are on a larger scale though. I haven’t found much “science” wise to support smaller things like tree stakes kind of stuff.
I’ll keep digging when I have time!
I like it. Keep going. That's how we discover things. Often times, the folks out there that have the knowledge to do this stuff don't always have the skill or will to share it widely. I'm still working on the do-nothing bin buster highest nutrient density highest flavor garden. No watering, weeding, tilling, fertilizing, etc. Don't know if I'll ever get to my goal of just planting, mulching, and harvesting, but I'm aiming to take out as many steps and maintenance hours as possible.

Atta boy SD! I’ve been following your trials and tribulations although I haven’t been on here much lately.

It wouldn’t cost much to rig up one of the better systems on a garden or small orchard. The study claims a 40% boost in growth for plants in a field. Interesting enough to keep digging into for sure.