Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Hi - I have a LR IR J2 with the latest firmware. I had it deployed for about 2 weeks and the camera just locked up. I had to remove the batteries to make the camera work again. It happened again about a week later with new batteries. Now the unit does not lock up, but the cuddelink menu is not present. Any ideas?

Here is what I would do: Check that batteries are inserted correctly, Check battery voltages, Download new firmware onto a different SD card and Reload firmware.

Hi - I have a LR IR J2 with the latest firmware. I had it deployed for about 2 weeks and the camera just locked up. I had to remove the batteries to make the camera work again. It happened again about a week later with new batteries. Now the unit does not lock up, but the cuddelink menu is not present. Any ideas?
I have one doing the same thing it has locked up on me twice menu says armed but can not change any settings or turn it off unless i remove batteries

I have one doing the same thing it has locked up on me twice menu says armed but can not change any settings or turn it off unless i remove batteries
Which Firmwear 7.6 or 7.7?

You might want to go back to page 135 of this thread And read the discussion on the differences between Firmware 7.6 and 7.7 and load the one that fits your needs.

Did this happen after pulling SD card?

I have a camera that seems to be backlogged on sending pictures. It seems to be about 18 hours behind all the other cameras. Is there a setting that I have wrong?

Attachments

• dsf.png
    dsf.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 41
Pushing 4 months on my 3358 externals. I couldn’t be happier with this system. Happy enough I just ordered 2 more G series to replace my 3 Covert Code Black cell cams.

Attachments

• C9F14545-4CB0-4345-A6F7-546424C00356.jpeg
    C9F14545-4CB0-4345-A6F7-546424C00356.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 27
I have a camera that seems to be backlogged on sending pictures. It seems to be about 18 hours behind all the other cameras. Is there a setting that I have wrong?
increase your batch count from what you currently have it set at(30 is most efficient ) and/or lengthen you camera delay on camera 002.

Does anyone know if adding more than one phone number or email decreases battery life ? Trying to get them to last as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if adding more than one phone number or email decreases battery life ? Trying to get them to last as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this has no bearing on battery life, you can have up to 10 addresses on the relay.

Finally made it up to the camp to check my K cam, battery’s were dead. I ran energizer max and only got 21 days trying Duracell this time.
I also moved the cam to a new location but when I preformed the walk test I had to get extremely close to the cam (1-3yards) to get it to trigger. I also armed the cam and had the same result only pictures extremely close. It was probably in the 90’s when I set it up. Next morning I put a stand up and got the cam to trigger at about 8-10 yards. But haven’t received any other day time pictures since. Could the heat be the cause of the cam not triggering? Any ideas?

Finally made it up to the camp to check my K cam, battery’s were dead. I ran energizer max and only got 21 days trying Duracell this time.
I also moved the cam to a new location but when I preformed the walk test I had to get extremely close to the cam (1-3yards) to get it to trigger. I also armed the cam and had the same result only pictures extremely close. It was probably in the 90’s when I set it up. Next morning I put a stand up and got the cam to trigger at about 8-10 yards. But haven’t received any other day time pictures since. Could the heat be the cause of the cam not triggering? Any ideas?

Yes, it could be your body and the ambient heat were relatively close. Even the clothes you wear have an effect on IR absorbed and reflected to sensor. There needs to be some contrast in heat sensed by camera. I had the same problem and I moved camera about 10ft, in a slightly different angle. It is now taken 1000's of pictures. I do not face camera straight into sun.

Yes, it could be your body and the ambient heat were relatively close. Even the clothes you wear have an effect on IR absorbed and reflected to sensor. There needs to be some contrast in heat sensed by camera. I had the same problem and I moved camera about 10ft, in a slightly different angle. It is now taken 1000's of pictures. I do not face camera straight into sun.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I had a J cam in that spot before and moved it( it was facing the sun directly) so when I put the K cam in I put it on a different tree now facing southwest, but it just concerned me when I installed it and it wasn’t picking me up at all. Finally got some night time pics of deer last night so hopefully before long I’ll get some day pics of 8-10 yards away to help ease my mind.

ive never had good luck with energizer in D cells, try rayovac next time and get yourself the 3358 booster also, it will pay for itself quickly.

Thanks John. Yeah I ran Duracell’s in my J cams and there over 30 days now so hopefully that was just a bad batch/brand that I had in my K. What’s your thoughts on the trigger? You think it was because of the heat? I can tell you I was burning up after I set it up.

Thanks John. Yeah I ran Duracell’s in my J cams and there over 30 days now so hopefully that was just a bad batch/brand that I had in my K. What’s your thoughts on the trigger? You think it was because of the heat? I can tell you I was burning up after I set it up.
yes, mid 90's with high humidity can mess with the sensor and make it difficult to sense animals. ive had my cameras sense animals almost too far in my opinion under normal situations.

yes, mid 90's with high humidity can mess with the sensor and make it difficult to sense animals. ive had my cameras sense animals almost too far in my opinion under normal situations.
Thanks again for y’all’s help guys! Yeah it gets hot and humid here in Mississippi for sure. I’ll do some more testing next trip up the beginning of bow season, extended forecast is calling for lows in the mid 60’s but highs in the lower 90’s. But after the summer we’ve had I’ll take it lol

If I change batteries in my j series cameras will i lose my setting or date and time