All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John, is the 3358 running parallel with internals or is it separate. Does it use externals first then swap to internals?

John, is the 3358 running parallel with internals or is it separate. Does it use externals first then swap to internals?
That's a good question...I've been wondering that myself.

That's a good question...I've been wondering that myself.
I’ve had one of my externals go dead on a G series and my report switched from External Ok to just Ok. That leads me to believe it used the 3358 first.

Yes. Since both the camera and 3358 are running the same voltage.

It would be great if they could make a firmware update where you would get the same info on the J cameras. Hint Hint. :emoji_grinning:

id throw a different card in it and also run CL clear as well as clear the sd card.

Other than having an issue when pulling a cam out of the box, I think any issues after that have been SD cards. This goes for all brands of cameras. Anymore if I have an issue I put in a fresh card first.

When using the 3358 with a J series, the externals and internals have the same voltage so they run together. When using the 3358 with a G series, the externals go first and when the voltage drops low enough, it will switch to the internals because of the voltage difference between 6 Ds and 4 Ds.

Other than having an issue when pulling a cam out of the box, I think any issues after that have been SD cards. This goes for all brands of cameras. Anymore if I have an issue I put in a fresh card first.

I’m running 32GB SD cards and I have found that some of the card readers do not like 32GB cards. I had a camera on feed site for 2+ weeks and card said no pictures but when I went to delete the folder it said deleting 4000+ pictures. I stopped the delete and tried another card reader and I had over 4000 pictures. I used the same 32GB cards in older cameras and they took zero pictures! Just another trouble spot to remember.

It would be great if they could make a firmware update where you would get the same info on the J cameras. Hint Hint. :emoji_grinning:
this isnt something that a firmware update can do, the camera needs to recognize a different voltage to be able to note it in the report . There will be a solution in 2020 for this, we are working towards simplifying the battery accessory options and we are almost there. The goal is to have several choices that fit different scenarios that work on all models of cameras.

I’m running 32GB SD cards and I have found that some of the card readers do not like 32GB cards. I had a camera on feed site for 2+ weeks and card said no pictures but when I went to delete the folder it said deleting 4000+ pictures. I stopped the delete and tried another card reader and I had over 4000 pictures. I used the same 32GB cards in older cameras and they took zero pictures! Just another trouble spot to remember.
Do you use the same cards in different manufacturers. This would be another reason to reformat each time you use card. There could be multiple folders that the present camera would not recognize.

I
Do you use the same cards in different manufacturers. This would be another reason to reformat each time you use card. There could be multiple folders that the present camera would not recognize.
I use all same mfg, same size cards. I format every time I put them in my Cuddeback’s. On other brand camera’s I couldn’t find format on their menu and they do not play well at all with 32GB cards. The card reader was the culprit. We tried 2-3 readers and only one works with 32GB cards. Add that in with a 10yr old computer.

I have 2 cards for each camera and use same cards in individual cameras.

On my last 2 cameras, I accidentally ordered “C” batteries and had to settle for what was found locally. (see sorry a## brand picture below). They only lasted 30 days to dead! Still without good back-up batteries, I had to rely on same local brand just to get by. Went to put them in and every one of them was dead. Got home and tested with voltmeter and none were over 1.0v. :emoji_rage: Just ordered a supply of Rayovacs.

On one camera, with Rayovac Fusions, I’m on 105 days and 8-10k (4100 pics in 2 weeks) pics and still on externals.

Attachments

• 3DB4E5A2-3A6E-44FB-AA01-8B1C85F12753.jpeg
    3DB4E5A2-3A6E-44FB-AA01-8B1C85F12753.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 19
On my last 2 cameras, I accidentally ordered “C” batteries and had to settle for what was found locally. (see sorry a## brand picture below). They only lasted 30 days to dead! Still without good back-up batteries, I had to rely on same local brand just to get by. Went to put them in and every one of them was dead. Got home and tested with voltmeter and none were over 1.0v. :emoji_rage: Just ordered a supply of Rayovacs.

On one camera, with Rayovac Fusions, I’m on 105 days and 8-10k (4100 pics in 2 weeks) pics and still on externals.
what was the brand? I’ve used nothing but North Tech sold at Menards in all my G series and externals. Today I hit 4 months still on externals.

what was the brand? I’ve used nothing but North Tech sold at Menards in all my G series and externals. Today I hit 4 months still on externals.

Attachments

• ACCE45B8-81C5-42B9-BF0A-CD4CC42E701F.jpeg
    ACCE45B8-81C5-42B9-BF0A-CD4CC42E701F.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 13

While I was testing batteries, I tested probably 100 AA’s (used for 2wks) that were in club cameras(non-Cudde). Most were less than 1v. I only found 10 batteries that were over 1.0v. I think a lot of camera problems could be eliminated by simply checking battery voltages. Even RF transmission strength is a function related to the amount of power.

this isnt something that a firmware update can do, the camera needs to recognize a different voltage to be able to note it in the report . There will be a solution in 2020 for this, we are working towards simplifying the battery accessory options and we are almost there. The goal is to have several choices that fit different scenarios that work on all models of cameras.

John, that sure will be helpful.

Hoping you might validate a re-configuration of my current system, currently running (11) J to a single 1835 home unit.
  1. Home model 1835 with (4) Tenergy Centura 1.2V NiMH Rechargeable D Battery, 8000mAh Low Self Discharge D Cell Batteries
  2. Adding a Dual Bank Battery Booster (as soon as I can procure one)
    1. Primary Tray (6) Tenergy Centura 1.2V NiMH Rechargeable D Battery, 8000mAh Low Self Discharge D Cell Batteries
    2. Backup Tray (6) Alkaline Duracell or other D Cell Batteries
  3. Adding a Solar Kit Model 3501
Any recommendations or suggestions..?

John, that sure will be helpful.

Hoping you might validate a re-configuration of my current system, currently running (11) J to a single 1835 home unit.
  1. Home model 1835 with (4) Tenergy Centura 1.2V NiMH Rechargeable D Battery, 8000mAh Low Self Discharge D Cell Batteries
  2. Adding a Dual Bank Battery Booster (as soon as I can procure one)
    1. Primary Tray (6) Tenergy Centura 1.2V NiMH Rechargeable D Battery, 8000mAh Low Self Discharge D Cell Batteries
    2. Backup Tray (6) Alkaline Duracell or other D Cell Batteries
  3. Adding a Solar Kit Model 3501
Any recommendations or suggestions..?
i would just run regular alkaline D's inside your 1385 home unit unless you have another reason to run the rechargeables. You can run solar on that unit with an adapter if you prefer, you would then put alakaines in the unit and the rechargeables in the adapter plugged into a solar panel.
one the dual power banks you can run all d's for now and next year we will have a solar panel that works with it and plugs into one bank while the other runs on standard alkaline.

i would just run regular alkaline D's inside your 1385 home unit unless you have another reason to run the rechargeables. You can run solar on that unit with an adapter if you prefer, you would then put alakaines in the unit and the rechargeables in the adapter plugged into a solar panel.
one the dual power banks you can run all d's for now and next year we will have a solar panel that works with it and plugs into one bank while the other runs on standard alkaline.

So what model solar panel and adapter would i need? and sorry if i have missed this in prior posts.

for your 1385 , you need the 3501 solar kit and the 3518 g solar adapter.

3518 g solar adapter isn't on Cuddeback site, can you point me in right direction to procure... thanks for your help