Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Also interested. PM me if you're interested in help with the application.

+1 - would be interested in collaborating if you're interested. I am trying to do something similar to include some image classification potential. Lots to be done here, but I'd settle for regular battery updates in the meantime :)

I made a mistake yesterday. Last week I pulled some remote cams from a cuddelink network and made my K home camera a standalone. Yesterday I set those remote cams up with a new home cell. Problem is I had another cuddelink network nearby with the same channel network. The 2 closest cams on that network are nearly a half mile away and I assumed with the terrain there wasn't any need to double check which channel they were set to. Not to mention those 2 cams we're about .15 miles from the home unit and had signals around 40. This mornings report showed the new network pulled both those cams off their existing network and onto the new one. To be honest I'm pretty impressed they can reach that far in the mountains....I'm not even mad.

Update: The 2 cams are now using both cell home units to send pics. I'm still getting everything but sometimes they are a bit behind due to the signals bouncing back and forth. I still can't believe I made that mistake.

Well I made some adjustments to my setup. I setup a timer on my cell booster. I have it come on at 1 AM and then off at 5:30. That should work well with my solar setup at the cabin. Then on my cell I set it up for batch 30. The 2 remotes on the food source I changed from 1 min to 3 min delay and the one remote that I have on a trail I changed from 10 seconds to 30 seconds. This should give me about 30 pics or so per day. In analyzing my setup I think this should work out picture wise. In analyzing a bunch of the pics I wouldn't miss any deer typically with these settings. This hopefully shouldn't jam up my dual cell home since it will only be able to send pics between 1 and 5:30. My reports always go off prior to 5AM. If I hit 30 pics I think it should probably be sometime in the middle of the night.

Update on my system. Seems like I am getting all of pics, but I think my settings for my cell booster are messing the cell cam a bit. Now the report runs between 10-10:30 PM instead of the morning. A little after 1AM it will send that report which is once it gets signal (booster kicks on). I think when I make it back down there, I will add some 1/2 hr periods during the morning and evening to kick on the cell booster. Hopefully that will help it keep cleared out a bit and my let it run the report in the morning. The timer I have can have up to 17 different on/off times so that shouldn't be an issue. Based upon the reports though it looks like I am getting all the pics emailed to me though.

You have to put the cam in home mode first no where in the manual does it say this. Feedback for cuddeback so far your set up manual is horrid. Trial and error for 48 hours is always fun

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You have no clue how much hair pulling you just saved me. Screwed with it for an hour and decided to search here..

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the differences of lapse and delay are, and how they interact.

Right now I have a dual cell and 1 gseries in the yard. Trying to get it to send pics as soon as they are taken. (Just for testing). Somehow I’m screwing it up. :). And I think delay and lapse are the issue.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the differences of lapse and delay are, and how they interact.

Right now I have a dual cell and 1 gseries in the yard. Trying to get it to send pics as soon as they are taken. (Just for testing). Somehow I’m screwing it up. :). And I think delay and lapse are the issue.

Got it.

Is there a Cuddesafe available for the K series yet?

Is there a Cuddesafe available for the K series yet?
this will be available late november early december of this year.

Any update on the dual powerbank?

Hi everyone, just about to pull the trigger on buying a few cams. I'm considering buying the G Series Cuddeback Powerhouse Black Flash cameras. I have two questions/requests:

1. Can someone post a pic of the image you receive via the home or cell unit side by side with the actual image from the camera SD card?

Image quality is also subjective to your viewing platform. I can tell no or little difference on an older laptop or my IPhone X. There is no “WOW” difference. Quality can be improved upon camera placement and flash setup. If you want the best night pictures, go with the Strobe, IR or the Powerhouse Black Flash. Amount of light makes huge difference.

2. What kind of battery life can I realistically expect from the Powerhouse Black Flash cam (with and without the extra battery pack)?

On most of mine, I’m still on external pack at day 99 with Rayovac Fusion Alkaline's, 1000’s of pic’s. 1 with Energizer HD hit “Low” in 30 days. Battery Life is a guessing game.

Delay 5 sec be
On most of mine, I’m still on external pack at day 99 with Rayovac Fusion Alkaline's, 1000’s of pic’s. 1 with Energizer HD hit “Low” in 30 days. Battery Life is a guessing game.
Day 80 here, Rayovac High Energy, also tons of pics w/ ext pack. Powerhouse IR, battery % is at 50% as of yesterday.

Hi Everyone,
I have a friend that has a G cell model, he has 2 other cameras linked to it and that is all working fine. The issue is on the Home cell G series takes pictures often while nothing is there. He put the delay on 10 min so it would not flood his email. Anyone had this issue? If so and you have a fix I would greatly appreciate it.

Are you sure nothing is there? I zoomed in on one of mine and found a rat. The sun and moon can also come and go and PIR will detect It. Technically, it is not movement in itself that the camera detects, it is a change in the total Infrared heat value in front of detector. As this heat signature increases or decreases the camera detects it, be it the sun, moon, bugs or leaves. The closer the object is to detector, the greater effect it has on changing heat value and increasing detection.

On most cameras, the Field of View and Detection Zone are different angles, often with Detection angle greater than FOV. That relates to an area that increases with distance and is outside of FOV that won’t be seen by camera. You can adjust “Zone” setting to “Centered” and slide the shutter up in front of PIR to counter this. In effect, this will subdue or decrease the complete detection angle. I haven’t tested the degree of this change.

10 min delay is way too long for me. Unless it is tons of blank pictures, it doesn’t bother me. Try changing cameras or change setup. Look for limbs and leaves that may move in wind. Also look above eye level. Basically anything that is on a picture that moves has the potential to trip detector.

Also if you mount camera on a small tree, it has the potential to trip as tree sways.

Last edited:
Are you sure nothing is there? I zoomed in on one of mine and found a rat. The sun and moon can also come and go and PIR will detect It. Technically, it is not movement in itself that the camera detects, it is a change in the total Infrared heat value in front of detector. As this heat signature increases or decreases the camera detects it, be it the sun, moon, bugs or leaves. The closer the object is to detector, the greater effect it has on changing heat value and increasing detection.

On most cameras, the Field of View and Detection Zone are different angles, often with Detection angle greater than FOV. That relates to an area that increases with distance and is outside of FOV that won’t be seen by camera. You can adjust “Zone” setting to “Centered” and slide the shutter up in front of PIR to counter this. In effect, this will subdue or decrease the complete detection angle. I haven’t tested the degree of this change.

10 min delay is way too long for me. Unless it is tons of blank pictures, it doesn’t bother me. Try changing cameras or change setup. Look for limbs and leaves that may move in wind. Also look above eye level. Basically anything that is on a picture that moves has the potential to trip detector.

Attachments

• D3A1EC31-9B5A-400D-9427-D4CD4DAEB89E.jpeg
    D3A1EC31-9B5A-400D-9427-D4CD4DAEB89E.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 26
Hi - I have a LR IR J2 with the latest firmware. I had it deployed for about 2 weeks and the camera just locked up. I had to remove the batteries to make the camera work again. It happened again about a week later with new batteries. Now the unit does not lock up, but the cuddelink menu is not present. Any ideas?

What size 12v battery?

John helped me out with my situation. My 12 Volt at camp is a marine 105 Amp hour battery that I have a 50 Watt solar panel on.

John helped me out with my situation. My 12 Volt at camp is a marine 105 Amp hour battery that I have a 50 Watt solar panel on.
Interesting set-up. Glad it’s working out for you. Lots of ingenuity on this site.

Hi - I have a LR IR J2 with the latest firmware. I had it deployed for about 2 weeks and the camera just locked up. I had to remove the batteries to make the camera work again. It happened again about a week later with new batteries. Now the unit does not lock up, but the cuddelink menu is not present. Any ideas?
My guess is bad connection on a circuit board. I would contact CS and send it in.