Cold one in the NE tonight!

Those are Bud 9 Gala's, planted two years apart. The row on the left was planted in 2011 and the row on the right 2013.... What a mess, it rained for 3 days straight before planting. I was using a skid steer with an auger, but it was so wet we couldn't get around with it. We put in 475 trees in by hand!!

DSCN0831.JPG

Those are Bud 9 Gala's, planted two years apart. The row on the left was planted in 2011 and the row on the right 2013.... What a mess, it rained for 3 days straight before planting. I was using a skid steer with an auger, but it was so wet we couldn't get around with it. We put in 475 trees in by hand!!

View attachment 8743

Hmmmmm.... Looks like you just supervised and the 2 workers planted all the trees!:D

We have a frost advisory for tonight, they are saying low of 34 tonight. It was great to spend a bit of time in my orchards this week while i was out turkey hunting. Tree's are at all different various stages right now, crab apples leading the way. I think this is Liberty.

IMG_0018.CR2

I need to work on taming this tree a little bit. M111, 6th leaf I think.
IMG_0016.CR2

Cheers folks!

This I think was honeycrisp.
IMG_0066.CR2

I think 28 is the magic number now for buds beyond tight cluster. We are going to 29 tonight here in PA north

I think 28 is the magic number now for buds beyond tight cluster. We are going to 29 tonight here in PA north
Accuweather is saying 28 and weather channel is saying 24 up here. I'm between 1/2" and TC depending on variety. Hoping Accu is right.

Accuweather is saying 28 and weather channel is saying 24 up here. I'm between 1/2" and TC depending on variety. Hoping Accu is right.
24 still shouldn't be too bad. Maybe 10%. I am hoping it stays above 30 but it's very clear but a bit windy. Just keep praying

Just got up here at 1:30, it's 35. Should be ok.

6 am here and 34 so we are good too. Woohoo. The things we worry about lol

The 6 am hour seems to be the coldest hear on a normal day this time of year. We are holding at 34

accu-rite 5 in 1 says we bottomed out at 24 this am. lol.

accu-rite 5 in 1 says we bottomed out at 24 this am. lol.
Wow that's a big difference only 2 counties away. We held at 43 last night and weather.com says 30 Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Just checked and they updated to 31 and accuweather will probably have it around 33 or 34. The next worry is bee movement with cooler temps forecast over the next week

in central NH no measurable rain for a couple weeks so I've hoping for some precipitation but I was hoping for the liquid form! Not 3-5 inches of snow what the heck!

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-25_7-10-39.png
    upload_2016-4-25_7-10-39.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Wow that's a big difference only 2 counties away. We held at 43 last night and weather.com says 30 Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Just checked and they updated to 31 and accuweather will probably have it around 33 or 34. The next worry is bee movement with cooler temps forecast over the next week

24 was sunday morning just to be clear. We had 12 and 8 degrees the first week of april and then 9 degrees the morning of the 10th when we had the 4" of snow. Lol.

24 was sunday morning just to be clear. We had 12 and 8 degrees the first week of april and then 9 degrees the morning of the 10th when we had the 4" of snow. Lol.
Yes I got it. Just surprised you are that much colder there

What a mess here the past 24 hours. Yesterday it snowed all day, with a few inches in the mountains. I had a mix rain/snow at my house. Then last night I got down to 26-27 and woke up to a hard frost. Corey, you must have gotten snow yesterday?

Well that sucks George. I heard them talking about snow in Vermont but was hoping it wasn't you we got down to 30.5 and today the sun is shining. Most of my apple trees are tight cluster to first pink with some varieties almost to full pink. We have one more cold night to get through tonight. The weather for the next week or so here is going to be cool which doesn't sound good for movement of pollinators.....oh well it is what it is

We did get about 3 inches at one point most of it melted but we got a real hard frost / freeze last night. Suppose to be 50 today the weather just doesn't want to cooperate this spring!IMG_20160427_064656.jpg