All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women at camp during hunting season. Thoughts?

I'm glad I have sons. Wouldn't have thrown a daughter back, but less stress w/ boys. Sort-of.

I think boys are harder when they are young. I think girls are harder once you hit pre-teen on. Stereotyping of course.

I'm glad I have sons. Wouldn't have thrown a daughter back, but less stress w/ boys. Sort-of.
There is no "sort of" in this situation, it is a fact.;) Far less stress with boys, even though I don't have any of my own(we did lose a boy between daughters), 2 of my closest friends have only boys and they totally agree they would not want girls. My youngest daughter even points out that it is "my fault" for her being a girl, :rolleyes:as the male determines the sex of the child.

Got any grandchildren living at home with a 15yo daughter that is still in high school? I don't either, but I know a couple folks who do. I would much rather worry about 2am call and a juvenile police record that goes away and deal with a couple hot-shot testosterone fueled teenage boys ramming around(he!!, I was one and so was my brother) than to have a teen daughter call me up and say "Daddy could you come to the hospital and hold my hand while I push this baby out?" and then having the mom and child living at my house until she turns 18. Teen moms with babies at home are a long term investment for the parents unless you want your kid to not have a snowballs chance of ever overcoming being a teen mom, far worse than a few times in a blue moon trip to the county house and a few hundred dollars in fines. Not even comparable in my book, but maybe that's because I was one of "those boys".;) Just sayin'.

That is very sad MoBuck. :( It can't happen to me anymore either, as both of mine are out of the house and one already has babies. But I still wouldn't have wanted it to happen when they were at home, and I worried about it every time the oldest one left the d*mn house when she was a teen. She ran with a few unscrupulous young ladies, and I was unaware of just how unscrupulous they were until many years later. Oh yeah, and I forgot to add that I went and got her out of the pokey a few times as well, so it's not just the boys that have run-in's with the police. She finally decided to straighten her act up when mom and I decided to leave her sit 2 weeks in the pokey instead of paying her fines.

Last edited:
Boys are easier when it comes to pregnancy concerns. BJE80 said above that he thinks boys are harder when they're young. Mine weren't too bad while young - had lots of fun with them. But when the teen years hit........ WOW !! All of a sudden Mom & Dad don't know anything anymore when compared to the vast stores of knowledge they've acquired in 12 - 13 years and the limitless archives of smarts their friends have. ( also in the same 12 to 13 years ) By 17 - 18, they're ready to take over the world and show all these dumb-a$$ adults how things should be done. My wife and I heard the same stories from other parents while we watched ball games together. I guess many of the teens all become geniuses about the same time apparently. Cosmic knowledge absorption.

Take a vote of the members, majority rules. Some guys have wives who are total b****es and ruin everything; if they aren't strong-armed enough in their relationship to tell their old Saggy Naggy to stay home, then ridiculous rules have to be implemented. Or, uninvite the guys whose wives are the most obnoxious. I'm not kidding. Deer camp is supposed to be fun. Overbearing outspoken ahole wives need to not ruin the last bastion of american freedom.

Take a vote of the members, majority rules. Some guys have wives who are total b****es and ruin everything; if they aren't strong-armed enough in their relationship to tell their old Saggy Naggy to stay home, then ridiculous rules have to be implemented. Or, uninvite the guys whose wives are the most obnoxious. I'm not kidding. Deer camp is supposed to be fun. Overbearing outspoken ahole wives need to not ruin the last bastion of american freedom.

I have many buddies who have the same attitude as you ... good for you standing up for the "male way".

These guys are all successful business owners ... General contractors, Insurance Agencies, Dental Surgeons ... Annual incomes of $200k - $2 mil/yr plus. Many of them have been devastated in divorce court ... These are the same guys that always said "screw that bitzh, i'll do what I want when I want" .... LOL ... now they don't. They didn't understand the importance of balance with the wife.

I have a BIL who was a Marine, played 12 years as a staring Offensive lineman in the NFL, and traveled the world for his business, extremely successful in life ... he gave me a piece on advice on my wedding day ... "With your wife be enthusiastic in every she wants to do ... the Ballet, Shopping, and decorating. You do that and they will allow you to do whatever you want to do. I have lived a life that most men can only dream of ... because my wife is happy that I express interest in her world ..."

I took that advice to heart and have a great life and can pretty much do whatever I want ... hope you can find the same balance ... ;)

"With your wife be enthusiastic in every she wants to do ... the Ballet, Shopping, and decorating. You do that and they will allow you to do whatever you want to do. I have lived a life that most men can only dream of ... because my wife is happy that I express interest in her world ..."

I took that advice to heart and have a great life and can pretty much do whatever I want ... hope you can find the same balance ... ;)

Just threw up in my mouth.

Ask my wife the line - "You can have half now, but you will never get it all later"

I love my wife and we will never split, but she will never tell me what, how or when. I don't craft, ballet, shop, decorate or --- and don't care anything about it. To pretend I like it would be a lie. Why would you express a fake interest in things you care nothing about. Bogus way to live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tongue in cheek but 99% accurate.

IMG_0510.JPG

Give more than you take an it all comes full circle in marriage IMHO

Give more than you take an it all comes full circle in marriage IMHO

Spot on. Make sure your future spouse knows you won't sell your soul. Pretend to be someone your not when you say I do and pay the price later, or man up and set the stage for success in marriage. Make your bed and sleep in it.

Spot on. Make sure your future spouse knows you won't sell your soul. Pretend to be someone your not when you say I do and pay the price later, or man up and set the stage for success in marriage. Make your bed and sleep in it.
YES DEAR. ;)

g squared 23 - In post #53 you said members vote, majority rules. Yep. That's what we did a few years ago when 2 or 3 guys wanted to bring their wives up to stay overnight during hunting seasons. Huge majority voted NO. We get cat-fights and orders from " mommie-bosses " ( only from 2 or 3 wives ) the rest of the year when they visit. Don't need it during hunting season.

Edit: I should say most of the wives are great to be around. It only takes a few........

g squared 23 - In post #53 you said members vote, majority rules. Yep. That's what we did a few years ago when 2 or 3 guys wanted to bring their wives up to stay overnight during hunting seasons. Huge majority voted NO. We get cat-fights and orders from " mommie-bosses " ( only from 2 or 3 wives ) the rest of the year when they visit. Don't need it during hunting season.

Edit: I should say most of the wives are great to be around. It only takes a few........

There are always a few who ruin it for the rest. We all know "that guy" who is great to have at deer camp, but his wife is a total b**** that runs his life and he can't get to STFU. Those limp-wristed individuals may let their wives run their lives at home, but deer camp is a different territory, and if those same hags think their job is to tell the world what to do, then they need to be banned from deer camp. Sorry b****, back the **** up.

There are always a few who ruin it for the rest. We all know "that guy" who is great to have at deer camp, but his wife is a total b**** that runs his life and he can't get to STFU. Those limp-wristed individuals may let their wives run their lives at home, but deer camp is a different territory, and if those same hags think their job is to tell the world what to do, then they need to be banned from deer camp. Sorry b****, back the **** up.

OK....dont hold back now. Tell us how you really feel G S. ;) (I appreciate your viewpoint....:) )