Wisconsin regs have been released.

Hunters must register all harvested deer electronically—by phone or by Internet. In-
person stations will offer phones and computers that you can use to register deer.

All deer must be registered by 5 p.m. the day after harvest.

All deer must be registered in the Deer Management Unit (DMU) of harvest, or in an
adjacent DMU.

Dont make that phone call from the wrong DMU! :confused:

electronic registration?? That is kinda slick. Sure beats hauling it to the gas station and having a clerk come out. Loading it in the truck etc.. I like it so far.

Staying with the deer? so I shoot a deer the thing can't leave my sight?? That seem a little odd.

Not sure if you want to hunt that doe on private or public..decide latter

A Farmland Zone Antlerless Deer Carcass Tag is included with the purchase of each deer license.
Upon purchase, buyers will specify land type (private land or public-access land) and the DMU
within the Farmland Management Zone they plan to hunt. The hunter may defer this decision
to a later date, but will be charged a $2 convenience fee

48 pages of rules and regulations just for deer hunting. So if you shoot a buck and tag it and continue hunting. You are in an area that allows a doe to be shot, a doe comes along and you shoot it. The doe runs out of sight, legally you will have to drag the buck along to track the doe. All these extra regs just because of e-registration. What happened to making the rules simpler.

48 pages of rules and regulations just for deer hunting. So if you shoot a buck and tag it and continue hunting. You are in an area that allows a doe to be shot, a doe comes along and you shoot it. The doe runs out of sight, legally you will have to drag the buck along to track the doe. All these extra regs just because of e-registration. What happened to making the rules simpler.

I like the E-registration assuming it is not abused too bad. I know it will be awesome for our cabin just because it is a PITA to drive all the way to the bar which is quite a long ways away. I hope most people are honest.

They are making the rules the way they are so a guy shoots a deer. Registers it quick. Then starts dragging it out. He could say, well the guy who shot it was here but he had to go to work and since it is registered I can drag it out. I'm fine with that rule for that reason but there may be unintended consequences.

I have not been a Wis. resident for 35 years, but why in the world would they let you shoot a deer and then register it for an adjacent unit? Why not register in the correct unit? Or do they mean the call can be placed from an adjacent unit?

I have not been a Wis. resident for 35 years, but why in the world would they let you shoot a deer and then register it for an adjacent unit? Why not register in the correct unit? Or do they mean the call can be placed from an adjacent unit?

The call can be from adjacent unit. How the hell are they going to know what unit you are registering from if you do it online.

It's just you are not driving all over the state with an unregistered deer. They want you to do it while it's still local. So if you get caught in another part of the state with an unregistered deer its not good.

I had e-registration last year, it's slick. Have had a few issues getting stuff registered early season when it's warm, no fun trying to fold a doe into a fridge.