I HAVE to share...

greekfreak

5 year old buck +
Good morning, Gents,

It has been a fat minute since I have been active on the forum. So, I thought, what better way to get involved again than a trail Cam pic of an absolute giant?

Some backstories, this year I have made a conscious effort to be more discrete in my camera pictures with neighbors, and social media. I chose to do this year because in my tiny little town, word travels fast. Things will make it into the spotlight (no pun intended ;)) and it overall just seems to bring on more hassle to share than to not share.

I figured no one knows me on here, let alone even remotely close to where our farms are.

So, boys, I introduce to you, Gumdrop!!! *(GF picked the name out lol)

Attachments

• IMG_3216.JPG
    IMG_3216.JPG
    452.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3215.JPG
    IMG_3215.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 164
If it's everyday, I assume you're going to try and get him early season when he still has this pattern?

Whoaa..that is a monster!

If it's everyday, I assume you're going to try and get him early season when he still has this pattern?
It truly depends. This year is going to be a little more complex because I did start an outfitting business. Historically, with the way this block is setup both by us and our neighbors, with this particular rotation of crops, this deer might just stick around long enough for my first hunters coming into camp. Historically that is how it has worked. However, it is a closing time line because once a particular event pushes all the deer out of a no-hunting preserve near by, he might get pushed out by a few more aggressive bucks. Given his lack of body size, he might get his a** beat.

If you get the right wind and the right temp drop on a September afternoon you better go try him!

Nice buck!, hope you can make him horizontal…….

Very nice. Good luck.

Good morning, Gents,

It has been a fat minute since I have been active on the forum. So, I thought, what better way to get involved again than a trail Cam pic of an absolute giant?

Some backstories, this year I have made a conscious effort to be more discrete in my camera pictures with neighbors, and social media. I chose to do this year because in my tiny little town, word travels fast. Things will make it into the spotlight (no pun intended ;)) and it overall just seems to bring on more hassle to share than to not share.

I figured no one knows me on here, let alone even remotely close to where our farms are.

So, boys, I introduce to you, Gumdrop!!! *(GF picked the name out lol)
Nice buck my boys would be all over that one.

What a beauty. Buck of a lifetime for a lucky client. Hope he’s a good tipper!

A related question to the OP’s rightful sense not to advertise a giant buck like that.
Do trail cam photos have meta data that pinpoints the GPS location of the camera……or is that just on phones?

**I couldn’t do it on a bet and wouldn’t if I could, but I’ve heard people dig into photos of giant internet bucks and then hunt near them. Legally or illegally. Maybe just a tall tale, I don’t know, but I don’t think I’d post pics of a buck like that until his tongue was hanging out.

^^^ yeah it seems like a risk, although hopefully a long shot. I read once that celebrity big buck slayers have headhunters pouring over the interwebs and locating deer to hunt. Won't name names but one rhymes with spook clan.

A related question to the OP’s rightful sense not to advertise a giant buck like that.
Do trail cam photos have meta data that pinpoints the GPS location of the camera……or is that just on phones?

**I couldn’t do it on a bet and wouldn’t if I could, but I’ve heard people dig into photos of giant internet bucks and then hunt near them. Legally or illegally. Maybe just a tall tale, I don’t know, but I don’t think I’d post pics of a buck like that until his tongue was hanging out.
I was really paranoid when I first joined this site and checked into this. I found meta data on an older post uploaded by someone that took me right to their farm. I almost wrote the admins a PM about it but then checked newer posts and did a test submission myself. Newer posts have the meta data stripped. I'm not sure when that stopped but I bet it has to do with how he site is hosted. If you're ever in doubt, just download the image and open it in a file manager and go to properties to see for yourself. I believe most cell cams prompt you with this info and warn you about meta data. Non-cell cams almost certainly do not have this data saved. It's a bigger risk of photos taken by smart phones.

With that said, I don't doubt at all that there are people who do that. Especially when some of the folks in the hunting world are old school and probably unaware it's even possible.

I hope we get to see some after pics of this deer in the back of your pickup, @greekfreak !

Not many trail cameras have GPS. Too much load on battery life.

Gumdrop is a dandy and I wouldn’t discuss him with my neighbors either!

It is ironic that you guys are bringing up the headhunter thing. I was talking to a good friend and fellow outfitter out of Kansas and he had mentioned the same exact situation that actually had happened to him. Except they were posting the deer and such on social media.

^^^ yeah it seems like a risk, although hopefully a long shot. I read once that celebrity big buck slayers have headhunters pouring over the interwebs and locating deer to hunt. Won't name names but one rhymes with spook clan.
I keep trying to think of the name that rhymes with that. Maybe PM?

Yeah I just don't wanna see that guy or anyone like him cheesin with greek's buck. Word is they use headhunters and have swooped in stealing many guys' 200 inch bucks.