WI youth hunt

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Anyone else taking their kids out hunting this weekend for the youth hunt? My son is really excited and I can't wait to sit with him this weekend in SW Wi. Wish it was going to be cooler but no worries I have the thermacell packed. I will try to post what we see or shoot and please do the same on this thread if you are going out. Good luck to all the young hunters!!

Good luck to all who are heading out with the youngsters. Some of my greatest memories with my boys were on those WI youth hunts.

My son and I will also be out there. We're both pretty excited.

I'll be out with my daughter. Our hunting camp with have 5-6 youth hunter and couple younger siblings urging the bigger one to shoot something. Should be fun.

Taking my daughter on Sunday. She has a cross country meet on Saturday so not hunting that day.

Good luck to all who are heading out with the youngsters. Some of my greatest memories with my boys were on those WI youth hunts.
Same here, my three boys shot their first deer all out of the same blind, great memories. Good luck to all that are taking their kids out!

Beautiful morning out on the stand with my son. Only had a fawn walk past but we still had a blast. Now we are going to go pull some camera chips and then head over to the Mississippi to get a pizza and watch the barges go past.

Another great night!! Deer movement was slow but memories were made. My son shot a forker last year and wanted to shoot something bigger this year. In walks a 5 ptr begging to be shot at 25 yrds. As it was walking in I told him it was entirely up to him. He took his time. Examined the deer, and told me nope, he is young and I want him to grow. I couldn't believe how cool and calm he was. I think my heart was beating faster then his as the buck approached. No buck fever at all. What a great day bonding with my lil buddy. This is what hunting is all about.

Awesome to hear!

This is the buck he wants to shoot. I'd say he has good taste. image.jpg

How do you take a 5 pt. buck and get the excitement of a 180" deer? Add a kid hunter to the mix!

Yesterday morning, my 10 year old son shot his first deer / buck within the first hour of his first sit.

IMG_0815.JPG

Congrats to your son and you! That is one happy boy

Reactions: gwm
Its too bad he doesnt show his happiness. :)

Congrats!!!!!

That's awesome. A true trophy that will be remembered forever!

We didn't see any deer this morning but my son was able to smack a coyote that came past us.

Congrats to your son!

Congrats to the successful hunters!

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Congratulation gang. Fine memories there!!!

I went out with my daughter Sunday morning. .too warm in the afternoon.

We saw the same fawn 3 times. .wandering around ...bleating for its mom. I think its too early for her to drive it away so I'm guessing one of neighbors shot her...