WI turkey hunters.....

wiscwhip

5 year old buck +
get your butts on the website and get your leftover tags now!!! I just got mine for week 3!!! Woohoo, Week 1 and Week 3 tags!:D

Man does zone 1 have a lot of permits available.

I don't know why but I've lost the urge to turkey hunt.

I'll put the $83.25 into lime, seed and fertilizer instead

Zone 1 has always been that way, in a day or 2, there will only be week 5 and 6 tags left, all 3 and 4 week tags will be gone. So many guys forget to apply and just buy the leftovers after the drawing anymore.

I see so many more turkeys than deer and way, way fewer hunters, I actually enjoy it more. It is far more relaxing and enjoyable for me to spring turkey hunt than to hunt the rat race 9 day rifle deer season.

I'll put the $83.25 into lime, seed and fertilizer instead
I can't say that I blame you bueller, $33.25 for me and I get to hunt 2 different seasons, I'm ok with that.

I can get a period 3 on wed. but I have always preferred to do habitat work all week instead. $83 for me also.

I think that is probably what it is for me. I'd rather be getting ready for fall deer before green up than turkey hunting these days.

I can get a period 3 on wed. but I have always preferred to do habitat work all week instead. $83 for me also.
On 400 acres of private land with a green rye plot, I can imagine it would be much like shooting fish in a barrel anyway. Not that they are all that easy to kill or anything, but being able to know where they roost and strut on a regular basis and not having to deal with outside pressure pushing them out of those areas is quite helpful in harvesting a tom.

it is stupid easy maybe thats why I just dont find it a challenge. A buddy is bringing his pastor over for his first hunt. He will be ruined for life turkey hunting elsewhere.
I would agree, if he ever has to hunt week 5 or 6 on public land he will learn to hate it rather quickly! LOL