All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WI turkey hunters.....

wiscwhip

5 year old buck +
get your butts on the website and get your leftover tags now!!! I just got mine for week 3!!! Woohoo, Week 1 and Week 3 tags!:D

Man does zone 1 have a lot of permits available.

I don't know why but I've lost the urge to turkey hunt.

I'll put the $83.25 into lime, seed and fertilizer instead

Zone 1 has always been that way, in a day or 2, there will only be week 5 and 6 tags left, all 3 and 4 week tags will be gone. So many guys forget to apply and just buy the leftovers after the drawing anymore.

I see so many more turkeys than deer and way, way fewer hunters, I actually enjoy it more. It is far more relaxing and enjoyable for me to spring turkey hunt than to hunt the rat race 9 day rifle deer season.

I'll put the $83.25 into lime, seed and fertilizer instead
I can't say that I blame you bueller, $33.25 for me and I get to hunt 2 different seasons, I'm ok with that.

I can get a period 3 on wed. but I have always preferred to do habitat work all week instead. $83 for me also.

I think that is probably what it is for me. I'd rather be getting ready for fall deer before green up than turkey hunting these days.

I can get a period 3 on wed. but I have always preferred to do habitat work all week instead. $83 for me also.
On 400 acres of private land with a green rye plot, I can imagine it would be much like shooting fish in a barrel anyway. Not that they are all that easy to kill or anything, but being able to know where they roost and strut on a regular basis and not having to deal with outside pressure pushing them out of those areas is quite helpful in harvesting a tom.

it is stupid easy maybe thats why I just dont find it a challenge. A buddy is bringing his pastor over for his first hunt. He will be ruined for life turkey hunting elsewhere.
I would agree, if he ever has to hunt week 5 or 6 on public land he will learn to hate it rather quickly! LOL