Where do you buy your rootstock

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
where do you get your rootstock for grafting? I think I would like to buy some.

Cummins but you better hurry. You may be too late as most is ordered early but would give Cummins a call or send an email today.

I have bought from Cummins in the past as well, good service but prices are pretty steep. A number of other places sell root stock, but they generally have minimum orders. Most people are sold out at this time of year or only have small grades left.

Willimette in OR

For small numbers, buy retail from Cummins, Fedco, Raintree, grandpa's, burnt ridge.

For 50, 100 or more, buy from wholesalers. Treco, Willamette, Lawyer's

I already picked mine up from Cummins and grafted 18 so far. Still have a few left for Bedan from Chickenlittle and some scions from WTNUT

image.jpeg My grafts for 2016 so far. Was able to bang these 18 out in about 21/2 hours. I used the new tool that Greyphase posted here to cut scions. Worked great

I have bought from Burnt Ridge, Raintree, & Cummins. This year I bought from Cummins and that smsmith convinced me on Ranetka which I purchased from Walden Nursery so Idk bout there stock yet.

For small numbers, buy retail from Cummins, Fedco, Raintree, grandpa's, burnt ridge.

For 50, 100 or more, buy from wholesalers. Treco, Willamette, Lawyer's

I have read that Grandpas Orchard (I have bought trees from them not rootstock and they were great) rootstock is cloned and isn't rated to be grafted to the year you receive them but the next year.

I cannot remember where I seen that, maybe an old discussion here but no way I'm making that up.

They are all cloned except for seedling rootstocks. Planting and grafting later may be a good idea, especially for pear rootstocks that are clone from cuttings instead of stool beds like most apple rootstocks.

The retailers buy from the wholesalers except Cummins may produce some Geneva themselves.

Cameron nursery west coast , limited to 100 per bundle

I have always purchased from Cummins but yes their prices are premium. This year I bought 100 from Willamette. $183 delivered.

Small orders burnt ridge
I buy 10 at a time
Prices are reasonable
I'm sure they buy from one of the bigger distributors mentioned above