When are you taking vacation?

gwm

5 year old buck +
As November inches closer I'm sure many of us are taking some time off to be in the woods, whether it's bowhunting, rifle hunting, or both. What days, or weeks, are you planning on being off?

I'm planning on taking the first two weeks in November off. I'll adjust those days if we get some warm weather or heavy rain.

Im off Oct 24- Nov 24. I work 4 days in the middle of that. Im starting in Wisconsin, then Minnesota, then off to SD. Im excited! Should be a fun fall!

10-28 thru 11-5

Oct 25-31.
Nov 5-12.
SW Wisconsin.

10/25-11/2 my son is coming in from CO so we're hunting together work a few days and then 11/7-11/17

10/31-11/4, plan to hunt both weekends on each side of this.

10/28 (friday), 11/4 (friday), 11/11 thru 11/23. I have our entire general firearms season off if you count the Thanksgiving holiday.:D

I banked my vacation all year, took the last week of October off then have every other week off for the rest of the year!

I wish I had the time off like some of you. At best I'll have 11/4-11/7 and the first 5 days of rifle season 11/19-11/23.

From now until the end of the year. Retirement is great.

1/2 day Fridays until Thanksgiving. I will be hunting with the weekend fuds. Could be worse, but I might have a cough a few more days in there.

11/5-11/13. second week of november is usually best here in ohio.

If our farm fields dont dry out soon, I will be combining during the Rut! Won't get any time off! Getting worried now!

Vacation ... sounds like something the entitled class gets ... :(

I have found the less time I take off, the less I burn out stand sites, the better I improve my opportunity at target bucks I am watching.

Won't even consider a sit until Halloween weekend ... I have 5 bow stands I have not even been near for that 5 months ... ;)

Took one the first week of archery, and the other is the first week of November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vacation ... sounds like something the entitled class gets ... :(

I have found the less time I take off, the less I burn out stand sites, the better I improve my opportunity at target bucks I am watching.

Won't even consider a sit until Halloween weekend ... I have 5 bow stands I have not even been near for that 5 months ... ;)

Yep. That's when I start. My plan is to be on deck from 10/26 to 11/30. Probably won't start sitting til Halloween. Eating turkey sandwiches at the farm with my son for thanksgiving. We're sending Mom to Florida :)

As a school teacher I can't take vacation. But I am home by 2:15 every day and hunt evenings every chance I get late October through mid-December. I do have 5 personal days I can take for anything....I tend to use those up in early to mid-November when conditions are perfect.

As a school teacher I can't take vacation. But I am home by 2:15 every day and hunt evenings every chance I get late October through mid-December. I do have 5 personal days I can take for anything....I tend to use those up in early to mid-November when conditions are perfect.

Natty that stinks.
I had no idea teachers couldn't take a vacation during the school school year.
So what if you're a fisherman but if you hunt that's just cruel.

Hmmmm.........the teacher I know seems to get a lot of time off for hunting (and fishing) ventures throughout the year. Way more than I would think would be standard, but the spouse is the boss. :eek:

Natty that stinks.
I had no idea teachers couldn't take a vacation during the school school year.
So what if you're a fisherman but if you hunt that's just cruel.

I know Bill! I've had to get used to it. Although I can't get out for a week or two straight, we do have a 6 week bow season, a 2 week shotgun season, and then a muzzleloader season that lasts until December 31st which allows me to get in some quality deer hunting. I am able to hunt just about every evening if I want during those 2 and a half months. I hunt all day Saturday, take my 5 personal days here and there when conditions are perfect, and when Christmas break hits I am able to get out and do a lot of hunting.

But yes, I often lament my inability to take vacation during deer season. It's actually more of an issue during spring turkey, as I can't hunt afternoons as per Mass. law and I just don't have it in me anymore to get out of bed at 3:30, to be on the mountain for 5, to hunt for an hour and then have to head back down at 6 or so, to be to work at 7.