What's for dinner?

Youngest son has been ice fishing the last few days, he made us fish tacos tonight with fresh crappies.

rk1OcJF.jpg

I know they’re just tacos - but that’s just pretty! I’m sure it tasted as good as it looks.

Did our typical valentines dinner - salad, fillets, baked taters, and sparegrass. Had more over than normal this time so bought a whole fillet and cut my own. For desert I heated up some caramel apple tartlets and added a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was all good but I almost forgot to take a picture!

Wife is gone. So I figured I'd treat myself.
New favorite to follow along with.
20220218_204311.jpg
Making bush light canned venison casadillas.
20220218_204654.jpg
Mush, onion, pep, or whatever u can find in the fridge.
20220218_205034.jpg
Saute
2part I guess
Critical, clean cast iron between sautes. Use the can juice for saute liquid with both veg and meat.

Attachments

• 20220218_205615.jpg
    20220218_205615.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220218_210305.jpg
    20220218_210305.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Look great! What's your method? Last couple times I've done St Louis spares and just did 6 hours @ 225 straight through. No wrap. Spritz every hour w/ apple cider/ACV mixture. Have turned out great both times.

Look great! What's your method? Last couple times I've done St Louis spares and just did 6 hours @ 225 straight through. No wrap. Spritz every hour w/ apple cider/ACV mixture. Have turned out great both times.
Light rub of ur liking then 4 hrs naked on smoker @225. Spread parkay margarine, honey n dusting of cayenne then wrap n back on smoker for 50 min. Remove foil, sauce with favorite mopping sauce n another 45ish min til sauce has tightened up.

Very tender but not mushy. Don’t like mushy ribs. Like me some St Louis spares as well but crew prefers the baby backs.

Light rub of ur liking then 4 hrs naked on smoker @225. Spread parkay margarine, honey n dusting of cayenne then wrap n back on smoker for 50 min. Remove foil, sauce with favorite mopping sauce n another 45ish min til sauce has tightened up.

Very tender but not mushy. Don’t like mushy ribs. Like me some St Louis spares as well but crew prefers the baby backs.
I’ve only done them the one time but I thought the baby backs were a little dry. Plus they’re twice the price of spares just about.

I’ve only done them the one time but I thought the baby backs were a little dry. Plus they’re twice the price of spares just about.
Thought I’d weigh in on the ribs. I love baby backs too! I do two hours at 225. Wrap and temperature check at 45 minutes - if they’re at 200 degrees they’re done. If not they go back on a little while longer. Then unwrap and A2F6B372-1ED4-4118-A93F-7547436AAFE2.jpegD122B3AF-C3F7-455F-8D4E-ABB9177E7BDB.jpegback on and sauce until the sauce carmelizes a little bit - if I’m not saucing them they just go back on for fifteen minutes or so anyway. They end up with one clean but to starting to fall off the bone. I try as much as possible to cook to temp and not time.

A 4 bone, 7 lbs prime rib that I bought last fall on sale for $11/lbs. Has been in the freezer since then.

Thought about putting on Craig's list for an online auction. :emoji_grin:

My Mom came up to te farm to help my wife plant flowers & weed so I pulled out to cook for her.

IMG_20220528_120823.jpg

Been a while since I posted some food pics.

Pork steaks

2# ribeye's

butt

Florida sunsets

Burger and fresh FL corn after a week of seafood

Been a while since I posted some food pics.

Pork steaks

2# ribeye's

butt

Florida sunsets

Burger and fresh FL corn after a week of seafood
Like the food pictures - but LOVE the sunset. What a gorgeous view!