What's for dinner?

Youngest son made rabbit tacos Friday night.
nDBMAx2.jpg

Yesterday afternoon I made up a big batch of elk stroganoff.
82uNQCt.jpg

Made loaded biscuits today.
For filler I used 50/50 sausage/burger browned, diced onions, peppers, crispy bacon crumbled, diced peppers and taco seasoning. Also dirty rice.

oD8A8qX.jpg

Rolled out some Bisquick thin with five eggs added.

ISHaTKz.jpg

Put a spoonful of filler, spoonful of rice, pinch of cheddar and a dollop of sour cream in each. Covered with another and forked the edges.

nQWL1sD.jpg

Into the oven for ten minutes at 350.

bHMdCuY.jpg

They turned out great, everyone had seconds.

ulocyvt.jpg

Next time I'm going to try it in muffin pans use a little more filler and a spoonful of salsa.

Made loaded biscuits today.
For filler I used 50/50 sausage/burger browned, diced onions, peppers, crispy bacon crumbled, diced peppers and taco seasoning. Also dirty rice.

oD8A8qX.jpg

Rolled out some Bisquick thin with five eggs added.

ISHaTKz.jpg

Put a spoonful of filler, spoonful of rice, pinch of cheddar and a dollop of sour cream in each. Covered with another and forked the edges.

nQWL1sD.jpg

Into the oven for ten minutes at 350.

bHMdCuY.jpg

They turned out great, everyone had seconds.

ulocyvt.jpg

Next time I'm going to try it in muffin pans use a little more filler and a spoonful of salsa.
:emoji_yum:

Gonna stop watching your food post H2O, pretty sure I just gained a pound in last 20 seconds ... unless you can provide an address and take out prices ...

Boned out our gobbler legs and made a breakfast sausage. All I added was salt, pepper, chili spice, minced garlic, brown sugar, lemon squeeze, a few bacon strips & a glug of pure maple syrup. It made a tasty, red sausage. Everyone liked it. Bigger plans for the breasts.

20200416_105307.jpg20200416_114640.jpg20200416_192309.jpg

Boned out our gobbler legs and made a breakfast sausage. All I added was salt, pepper, chili spice, minced garlic, brown sugar, lemon squeeze, a few bacon strips & a glug of pure maple syrup. It made a tasty, red sausage. Everyone liked it. Bigger plans for the breasts.

View attachment 29167View attachment 29168View attachment 29169

Looks good Mort, sausage making is on my gotta learn to do some day list. Yours looks simple and good!

Lamb stew. The lamb and vegetables were done in a slowcooker. The sauce is onions, carrots, and broth/fat from the slow cooker whizzed up in a blender with salt, herbs, and deer stock(and sour cream and butter).

received_522001111820291.jpeg

This has been a flat out boomer year for morel mushrooms here, the last two weeks has been phenomenal.

Here are two of the ways we cook a lot of them, either dusted with a little Bisquick and sautéed in a pan in a little butter or our breakfast go-to mostly for small ones and pepper tops since they shrink so much cooking-sauté in butter until browned then pour on two whipped eggs and sprinkle a little cracker into it and scramble.

65lhsx3.jpg

A4xYGgI.jpg

Did a small venison round in the crock pot today.

Started out with one large white onion diced, a bunch of baby carrots, bunch of baby potatoes red/yellow/purple and some pearl onions, hit it with a little Tony’s and pepper, cooked it on low for eight hours.
It turned out so tender you could cut it with a whisper…the broth was great too.

I always like cooking things like this, I think about frontiersman to Neanderthals making it pretty much the same fashion. The recipe basically hasn’t changed for thousands of years and is still awesome.

LNwabKj.jpg

asa9PcP.jpg

Delightful looking dish; it looks like your canine friend would love to say .... hey, phone call for you in the other room ... yum-yum!

In Missouri recently there was an article about hunting license sales being way up and lots of extra turkey tags Purchased. They attributed it to people being off work and having more time but also people worried about meat shortages and taking up hunting. I think a lot of us already knew we had a Good thing with wild game all along. We still have some venison leftover. This was a backstrap from a little antlerless archery deer from last year. Add in some veggies, a few noodles and a cheap Shiraz and we ate like royalty. Grilled to 130 degrees internal temp - those big bucks are nice - but you just can’t find a steak this tender anywhere else!558FD71A-795C-4A61-940F-A32B9FD21DD9.jpeg2665973B-279F-47C5-83A4-781E552963CD.jpeg5E5A219B-ED2E-4277-9CC0-A977CCAC3197.jpeg

Last backstrap till next fall!

zc7SnGH.jpg

7z66fCe.jpg
My back straps usually never last that long, honestly we hardly ever freeze any because they are eaten with in the first week. I might have to try and freeze one for later.

Nice! I had never heard of a beer can burger before...had to look that one up.
Me either... and now I want it...

It was a random video that came across on YouTube. Some white bearded hillbilly who I think was a bbq expert. Beer is not a part of the recipe at all. Mine was actually mini coke can burgers...didn't feel like getting my Modelo all greasy.

20200528_225613.jpg

Another venison-and-vegetable dinner. This time I made a pan sauce from deer stock, vanilla, and mango vinegar. It was very different but very good. The asparagus were steamed in foil with salt and butter and vinished with balsamic syrup.