What Kind if Grass?

SwampCat

5 year old buck +
I live in SW Arkansas. This grass attains a height of about ten inches. It grows in full sun or full shade - doesnt matter. It can withstand months of flooding during the growing season and it doesnt kill it. It grows during two month long summer drought periods. It is tough as a boot. Makes a great grass on trails because it really holds the soil but is not so tall as to get in the way. Only grows in the bottoms that I know of.

Any idea what it is? Pics show it growing in full shade, full sun, and close up. Rancher said cows only eat it in spring.
CDCD3D01-21B3-4D90-81D7-262D84B56D15.jpegA7940A35-B22D-47DF-A211-C3E982FB687C.jpegCA00FFDF-E090-4B04-B157-986BA9CF8D9E.jpeg

When you break off a piece, is the stem/leaf flat or triangle shaped?

It is a native, bottomland, grass. I am killing fescue out of all my upland pastures. This stuff grows through thousands of acres of hardwood bottomlands.

Grasses are tough to do with pictures like that. I will take a stab and say it is one of the "Beak Grasses." Everything you say fits some of those species. An example of one is shown in the link below I found for you. The picture there looks similar to your grass.

http://www.spencenursery.com/plants/beak_grass_diarrhena_obovata_(diarrhena_americana).php