West Branch Land Improvements

PM Art on that field mix the turkeys are in. He has been secretly trying to establish a large flock with zero success.
I was just going to tell West branch that things aren't good if you are seeing invasive species like those feathered rats.
Opinions are pretty universal around here that if you see those things, you might just as well give up on the deer hunting for the evening. Other areas are different, but I just don't think our deer like the noise in the woods from those ++++ things.

if you see those things, you might just as well give up on the deer hunting for the evening. Other areas are different, but I just don't think our deer like the noise in the woods from those ++++ things.

I was just going to tell West branch that things aren't good if you are seeing invasive species like those feathered rats.
Opinions are pretty universal around here that if you see those things, you might just as well give up on the deer hunting for the evening. Other areas are different, but I just don't think our deer like the noise in the woods from those ++++ things.

Someone has to tell our deer ;)! I wonder if they stick together in wolf country to watch out for predators together?

MFDC0505.JPG

MFDC0506.JPG

WGI_0541.JPG

WGI_0592.JPG

WGI_0047.JPG

Be careful on that cow parsnip. I'm pretty sure if you get the juice on your bare skin it can cause rash symptoms especially if the skin is exposed to sunlight. I have a friend who works for the highway dept and he's very cautious of it.

I read about that when I had looked up the plant. It looks like they also say it is edible, similar to celery. There was tons of it up in Alaska.

Don't you just love finding a huge mature fruit tree on the property? Free it up and the next year it's producing fruit.
Beautiful pics WB!

A few years ago it had a similar amount of apples to this year, but last year I only saw two! Figured it was time we did something!