Weather

Out in that water are a bunch of 5 ft tall tree tubes that havent been seen in a couple weeks 15586294543486148767713647541514.jpg

Buddy took this with his drone.
FB_IMG_1558665408690.jpg

We got 8" over the previous 2 days. Luckily it's mountainous here, so there aren't any flat areas for it to collect. I was out clearing shooting lanes and building blinds in the hunting terrain yesterday.
received_392543241349848.jpeg

Wow, that is a lot of water!!

I need to get an Ark built by tonight.
FB_IMG_1558715746632.jpg

Corn and bean prices should continue to climb!

2" of rain already fallen up river. 3" more expected. Send an ark

Tornado warned storm barely missed the house. Its rai ning so hard you cant see 20 ft

We got 2" of rain in 25 min. The first 1" took 11 minutes. We have water places I have never seen it.

Good gravy what a day. My parents were right between two of the tornadoes in Dayton last night. They are safe, but will be without power for a while. About two miles away the school where I used to work was destroyed. I finally got word my rentals are safe, but one nearly took a beating. My puppy is finally acting normal after falling off a deck today. I hope all of you are safe out there. I'm wiped out. Going to bed.

We just went through 2 severe thunderstorms that produced multiple tornado warnings. Local news reports said trees are down and windows blown out of buildings about 10 miles south of our home. Golf ball and quarter sized hail very near our house. More to come this evening and into tonight.

I didn't SEE any funnel cloud, but I heard a constant roar sounding like a rapid freight train south of our home for about 20 minutes. I've never heard anything like that - so constant for that long. Our house was near the southern edge of the "roar" storm. Rotation up in the storm clouds ?? Anyone with similar experience in the Midwest ??

Big tornado rolling into the KC metro

The city got hit hard. Miraculously no fatalities in the area despite the destruction. I'm flying home in a week. Hopefully I can help my parents and their neighbors clean up a bit.

I can't believe how lucky my parents were. They are literally between the two large tracks that went through the city.
received_1104406906410532.jpeg

I hope everyone is alright down there! I hope this weather pattern shifts soon!

We just went through 2 severe thunderstorms that produced multiple tornado warnings. Local news reports said trees are down and windows blown out of buildings about 10 miles south of our home. Golf ball and quarter sized hail very near our house. More to come this evening and into tonight.

I didn't SEE any funnel cloud, but I heard a constant roar sounding like a rapid freight train south of our home for about 20 minutes. I've never heard anything like that - so constant for that long. Our house was near the southern edge of the "roar" storm. Rotation up in the storm clouds ?? Anyone with similar experience in the Midwest ??
Rotation aloft doesnt cause a roar. Tornadoes roar, and hail core nearby will cause a roar as well. Could also have been rear flank downdraft ripping through the trees. It can be more powerful than the tornado itself.My folks had a rotating supercell over their house friday and yesterday. Some family narrowly missed the mile wide wedge that glanced off of Lawrence and headed to the KC metro. It was headed into a shopping district called the Legends. All sorts of shops and restaurants that wouldve been full that time of day. Luckily the storm cycled over the metro and dropped a tornado on the other side.

Weather service verified tornado south of us yesterday. Video of it by several folks has been shown on TV. Major home & business damage, cars picked up & thrown around. Not the scope of destruction as in Ohio , Kansas, or the other Midwest states, but bad enough. No injuries reported here. More severe storms coming today, too.

Hail shown on TV from central Pa. near Lewisburg / Sunbury area was between 3" and 4" dia. That's the biggest we've ever had in Pa. according to news. For those familiar with Blue Hill Nursery for fruit & nut trees - this giant hail was right there in his locale. I know some guys on here have used Blue Hill before. He may have major damage. (?)

KSgobbler - I just saw you posted right before me. Good to hear your family was spared. The roar I heard was fairly loud and maybe it was the hail ?? The main hail core was JUST to our south by a mile or so. The tornado was a bit further south by a few miles. I have no idea how far a tornado can be heard, but it was a weird sound for sure.

Last edited:
EF - 2 here. Bad enough for those affected. EF - 4 is a monster.

EF - 2 here. Bad enough for those affected. EF - 4 is a monster.
A satellite tornado rolled 2 of the storm chasing tour vans.
Lots of pics here. It was wrapped in heavy rain and nearly invisible. One of the chasers didnt know it at the time but he crossed in front of it 60 seconds before it hit.
https://stormtrack.org/community/threads/2019-05-28-reports-ks-ne-ia-mo-il-pa.30900/

Yikes no tornados but we are still getting dumped on. I’m heading out tomorrow to put in food plots. Not! But I’m going anyway.

Neighbor sent me this today. The road bridge is about 5 to 8 feet under the surface “IF” it’s still there.

636430A0-6F0F-40AA-B0E6-C5BDFCE24E3E.png