Weather

Give me a drought over this wet crap any day of the week. At least with a drought you can always hope and pray for a rain. With high water it's instant death and destruction. I have lost way more money from too much water than not enough.

Give me a drought over this wet crap any day of the week. At least with a drought you can always hope and pray for a rain. With high water it's instant death and destruction. I have lost way more money from too much water than not enough.

I’ve posted this before. My 77 year old father in law worked on the farm for his father in law just after getting married. His father in law had a saying. “A dry year will scare you to death, but a wet year will starve you to death” had more meaning when he was a kid but it is spot on.

Our lake is still over 100% full and heavy rain coming next week. I may have to order more jap millet to plant if the water goes down. Most of my trees are probably toast.

I wish you guys could send a little rain to the SE, we’ve had no rain in about 10 days and none in the 14 day forecast with highs in the upper 90’s. It looks like summer is here for us!
You had rain??? I guess I am to blame for the heat and drought right now because I planted all of my plots. That's a surefire way for me to make it stop raining at my place.

You had rain??? I guess I am to blame for the heat and drought right now because I planted all of my plots. That's a surefire way for me to make it stop raining at my place.
I just looked back and the last rain we had was May 12th, we had about 1/2".

I wish we could send you down some rain! I will send it to New Orleans, your on your own after that. Our river hasn’t been out of flood stage since March.

We got at least 2.5" of rain up at my hunting land last night according to my online weather sites and still possibility of adding more. We also had a hail storm roll through there. Not sure how severe that was yet, but I wouldnt mind replacing some roofs up there.

Its raining now, everyday through the week shows rain............

Pretty comfortable for working outside here today ... 2.6" rain last 3 days, more rain today ... 80 deg F, 94% humidity, dew point at 75 F :emoji_astonished::emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Went from the high 90's with killer humidity yesterday to 62 degrees this morning ... tons of rain though --- just keeps coming

Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 7
La. weather July 20th 2019. Very hot mornings followed by really really hot days. Humidity around 99%. Chance of rain anytime everyday but then maybe not. Droughty conditions may be starting today though it may rain everyday till Sept.

Next forecast Sept. 1

Back to the garden picking veggies

Windy here today and hot as balls. At my kids swim meet.
20190720_073857.jpg

Precipitation Departure for the last 90-days. Dark Brown - Very dry; Light Brown dry. WHITE - About Perfect and I don't see any! Light green means wet and dark green, very wet.

usa.jpgUpperMidwest.jpgLowerMidwest.jpgSoutheast.jpgmidatlantic.jpgNortheast.jpg

Sucker didnt have a very long lifespan. Came down and went back up in about 3 mins. I was about 2 miles from a close intercept. It mowed off about 100 acres of corn for my buddy and a couple hundred more for some other guys. Gonna be lots of clean up in those fields. Went right over a really good deer woods.

IMG_5782.JPGIMG_5789.JPGIMG_5796.JPG

Yikes!

Flash flood watch for 2-6" of rain

Had a nasty storm roll through about midnight. Our power has been off for 5 hours. They have a bunch of poles down.

We received 8-10" of rain Tuesday morning.Hard to be perfectly accurate as rain gauges overflowed at 6" .We dumped when noticed then got another 1 1/2" . 6" of it came in about 3 hours.

We received 8-10" of rain Tuesday morning.Hard to be perfectly accurate as rain gauges overflowed at 6" .We dumped when noticed then got another 1 1/2" . 6" of it came in about 3 hours.
Places just east of me are approaching 12" this morning. Expect another 2-6 in the next couple days. We only got .4" thank god. Power is still off going on 9 hours

Power still out 15 hours later