Weather

You guys hear about the flooding in Nebraska? I find it strange about the lack new outlets reporting on it.
Yep. It was all over our news stations, but they are our neighbors to the north.

You guys hear about the flooding in Nebraska? I find it strange about the lack new outlets reporting on it.
Just like watching the weather channel for our weather,..... NE gets coverage, SE gets coverage, SW gets coverage, NW gets coverage .... Midwest/Central US >>> oops time for a commercial break...

Stay safe out there everyone.
Looks like its gunna be a nasty one.
Feel bad for the wildlife an ranchers.
Praying this is it for the year.

I am not sure what will be worse in my area, rain, or snow, but either way they are predicting 2-3 inched of water to come. If it all comes as rain, the flood will only be worse, and prolonged, if it all comes as snow, well 36 inches of snow would suck, but at least it wouldnt cause the floods to be as bad. The weatherman have basically said for my area, it could be all rain, all snow, or a mixture.

KSgobbler and Cavey - I live about 50 minutes N & W of Philly and our news has covered the Nebraska flooding for several days. The networks and the Weather Channel have been talking constantly about the winter storm dropping snow from Co. over through the Dakotas, Minn., Wisc., and the UP of Mich. I've seen lots of reports on the Nebraska flooding AND the Midwest snow storm/high winds. Not once or twice - many reports.

Most news outlets these days only spend 30 seconds or so on any given story. No time for any supporting story - that would take too much time away from the 8 to 10 commercials rammed down our throats every 4 or 5 minutes of every telecast. A 30 minute telecast is 15 minutes commercials, so - gotta talk & move FAST. I HATE it.

As for you guys getting the big April snow & wind - I'm sorry to see you guys get smacked again. The snow melt is gonna add to flooding problems / late planting, etc.

8 years ago I decided to not support their cause and canceled my cable. Havent missed it a bit.

100s of thousands of acres were burned her the last 3 days. Today is 80 degrees with a south wind sustained at 30 with gusts to 50. I bet there is a previous burn out there ready to become a monster.

Woke up to snow thunder... dont get that often.

Not looking good, wasnt supposed to start till 5pm. Predicted to stick around till friday. Calling for 15-24in. States already calling for road closures an people to just stay home.

Always seem to get a late season blizzard the day before the masters. Then get to watch people play on a lush green Augusta national, while sipping on a hot toddie stooking the fireplace dreaming of spring.

Edit: State is pulling some plows off the roads, everyman for himself. I for one will not be testing things.

20190410_093243.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone affected by this storm be safe!

Quick update:
Im not one to be a pessimistic.
But this might be the straw that breaks the camels back.
Went for a quick 10min walk on Sunday in a wintering yard and counted 15 dead deer (68F, not a flake of snow left). Not sure what this will do to the herd.
Not supposed to end till midday Friday.
Surprised we still have power.
(Just knocked on wood)

Same fence as above
&
Not sure what good the snowblower is gunna be for the driveway.

Edit: 430pm -getting buried
20190411_081818.jpg20190411_082110.jpg
20190411_163137.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's bad. Hope things don't get too terrible. Does your forecast show that it could melt fast? Radar showed snow nearby yesterday but all we got was rain, and not much at .3" 15 day forecast still looks cool and wet.

^Couple days of highs in the 38/37 lows in the teens.
Then cloudy, cold an drizzly : (
Glad I emphatically told the nurseries not to ship till the last week of April this year.
Keep telling myself,
Think spring, it has to end at some point.

we got about 6". It would have been much more but it was melting fast as it fell. Snowing now though so who knows. By the time it melts the grass will be bright green and needing to be mowed soon after.

I now find it impossible to bitch about my 41 degrees and windy conditions.

Wind is blowing, went out to blow the snow from around the garage... started to rain, then sleet and back to snow and the flashes of lighting made me jump and drop the F bomb while running the snowblower... first time in my life i actually was in fear of getting struck by lighting while snow blowing ... flipping crazy.

At my home we got about 10”, but on my hunting land it just started this morning, and they say a total of 4-5 inches. A lot better then the forecast was saying. The nice thing is, it will all be melted within a couple weeks. No worries of it staying for months.

Notice how dirty the snow is, seems like half of Texas's dust blew up here... I went back out to shovel again and everything was brown almost muddy... I did notice this morning that the sky had a brown cast to it just as everything hit us again.

88 yesterday. In the 20s tonight. All my wild plum blossums are gonna be toast.

Across the country this weather sucks... I just re bee'ed two hives less than a week ago... no we are back to below freezing temps and a foot of snow with snow rain and ice in the forecast. I have more trees and shrubs coming next week and have frozen snow covered ground.

6"+ of snow yesterday and last night, heading towards 50deg today. I had some trees delivered last Fri and some more today.