All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waterfowl

My area that has cattails was frozen yesterday but a friend went out and got a limit in an hour,Heres a pic of my new swamp behind the big water is 5 more acres of cattailsswamp.jpg

My area that has cattails was frozen yesterday but a friend went out and got a limit in an hour,Heres a pic of my new swamp behind the big water is 5 more acres of cattailsView attachment 27728
It a duck hunters dream place! Pics don't do it justice.

How's your foot and bug that you had?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Geese are really turning on

zEsFzbp.jpg

Nice bunch of geese,a couple buddies pulled out 2 limits of mallards this morning only couple hundred ducks today compared to thousands last saturday.I got a walking boot today so I can move around more,I have avoided the bug so far.I did get a directional fish feeder today at walmart,they had them 24.00 off and camo pants for 5.00 if anyone needs some.I have the wood duck box kits ordered and should get tomorrow

Nice bunch of geese,a couple buddies pulled out 2 limits of mallards this morning only couple hundred ducks today compared to thousands last saturday.I got a walking boot today so I can move around more,I have avoided the bug so far.I did get a directional fish feeder today at walmart,they had them 24.00 off and camo pants for 5.00 if anyone needs some.I have the wood duck box kits ordered and should get tomorrow
Which fish feeder?

Looks like I need to swing by the clearance section...

It's been really slow down here in GA this year, but my son and I have managed a couple good shoots, and picked up several public land birds. It will be a mess this weekend on public land, so trying to get back on a private swamp for one last shoot.

Very few birds seen today and no shots fired. 2 days left.
20200124_110023.jpg

Momma went to Topeka to get something to wear for my awards banquet next saturday. My boy and I hit up pizza ranch and said he wanted to hunt. I tried breaking ice but only got a little broke as geese flew over headed out to feed. Set out dekes and just hoped a goose would do something dumb. As luck would have it a flock of snows flew over low and I crushed one with one shot. He was happy, and I am happy. In the 45 minutes he was out here there were always geese in the sky so always something to look at. Great day to have him with me.
20200125_135348.jpg20200125_142050.jpg

Decent day yesterday 15 mallards and a couple teal,alot slower today with 7 mallards and 3 teal,all over for another year

Slow here. I am getting ready to call it a season if nothing pays a visit in the next 45 min.

We had a pretty good hunt Saturday. Even killed a black duck which is rare for my area Only 5 more days left in our season.

e31b2a9451267687bbe60b0d62e6cdb3.jpg
672076b8373751e3a570e5e7aecbb654.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The moultrie directional feeder,spreads 30 degrees

I had 5 mallards work, that was it. Saw alot of ducks high but zero wind. Only other group on the entire complex set up 150 yards away and we are talking hundreds of acres of water. Thats a wrap to duck season, cleaning out my truck now.
20200126_161832.jpg

I had 5 mallards work, that was it. Saw alot of ducks high but zero wind. Only other group on the entire complex set up 150 yards away and we are talking hundreds of acres of water. Thats a wrap to duck season, cleaning out my truck now.
View attachment 27759
You certainly know the right way to clean the truck.

Thats about same here,beautiful morning just too nice for duck hunting,and calling moultrie tomorrow,missing 2 parts

Last day of duck season here yesterday, have a little over a week left of goose then the long wait for September.

kUuoNG5.jpg

IL gave us a 3-bird daily limit for Canada geese this year; hunting has been great the last two weeks with cold temps (the optimal range of 25-35 degrees), snow events with 1-inch accumulations, and overcast skies with some wind. Today the goose gods gave me a little extra gift; notice the right leg of the bird on the left side of the tailgate. Too bad it ends on Friday.canada goose and band.jpg

Very nice,I picked up wire today to build 7 mallard nest and I have 5 wood duck boxes to get put up.Anyone else do any duck habitat work