Vintage Virginia Apples

Where did you see that on their website?

My Whitetail crabs/Northern whitetail crabs, have planted 55 of them, have done very well growth wise even on my sandy loam soils without fertilization. 100% survival rate going into year 4. Can't say that for Starks or other nursery's I have bought from.

This was my 1st year wit Bleu Hills so we will see how they do over this winter.
Hey Spud, click on this link https://www.northernwhitetailcrabs.com/ and scroll halfway down down and on the right you'll see a picture that states Bud 118 rootstock. They have since made a new website and just going by Whitetail crabs now , and no mention of rootstock on the new website.,but I's assume it's still Bud118 since it said for spring 2022 . I don't know anything about rootstocks, only found out and ordered from Whitetail Crabs and Blue Hill because I heard about them through this forum. From my personal experience SO FAR in zone 7 my Whitetal crabs have been my best growers hands down. My first NWC trees were planted in 2020 , MY Droptine and 30-06 both had several dozen crabs this year !. My only concern was that the fruit was mummyfying on the branches....I haven't been back to check on them since mid November as we are in the middle of Firearms season. Terry the owner said once the trees matured in 5 years or so I'd have a more consistant drop. I have 8 NWC crabs planted, 5 Blue Hill Crabs , 2 Tractor Supply Callaway crabs...NativNurserie Wild Deer pears, Chestnut hill Dr Deer Pear and a Keiffer and Moonglow from Lowes. I only have room for 3-4 more trees in this location. Thinking of choosing between these Apple trees. Yates, Arkansas black ,Enterprise ,Black Twig or Liberty..

Last edited: