vintage ammo??"S

MRBB

5 year old buck +
OK just wondering if anyone here collects vintage ammo/ammo boxes , collectible ammo, limited addition and the likes!

8F9F7AD2-6DA6-437A-8412-DF4B6C728C6F.jpeg93A1573D-F3DA-4A48-823F-9ECEF4D10F1C.jpegDC447415-5B75-4427-9C0D-52924971AF72.jpeg0F84A204-1888-4D21-966F-8776D6E01C21.jpeg35E99F4B-8C3A-471B-9EA5-9CCE6A87CA7F.jpegFC370D60-7C53-4511-96D9-F658C6A0523D.jpeg

Heck yea, I used to really be into it. I’ve got hundreds, most are full some partially full. Lots stored in old wood shotgun shell crates, I’ve got them stashed all over. Even have a bunch of foreign stuff.
More clutter than anything now..I keep sending them home with the boys when I can.

The liberal press would paint me as a deranged ammo hoarder just from the antique stuff.

I am sure I fall into the possible hoarder end of things too, over the decades being involved in hunting , guns and the outdoors, having a gun shop,traveling to shooting events things some how piled up in corners closest boxes, and so on!
But I have to admit the past decade or so, I have been TRYING to thin a lot out!
the thought of when I am gone and the family just throwing everything out not knowing what anything is, motivated me to , break ties with a lot of my belongings I once thought I would never sell or part with!
it sort of sucks NOT having family with any interest in hunting shooting or the likes, all you's that have family into things are Lucky IMO! <
you don;t have to work at finding new good homes for things when your older !~

I don't collect the boxes like H2O, but I do have a collection of old centerfire, rimfire, and pinfire cartridges. I have the rifle cartridges in a display case and one of these days I'll finish the shotgun and handgun display.

I’ve got some explosives crates and some pretty old smokeless powder canisters my dad had laying around when he passed away I ended up with.

Get some kid under your wing that likes to hunt and pass on to him or her.You have a nice collection.Do you have a box of rimfires thatfit the winchester model 36 shotgun? I have a few and the gun but thats my oldest.In fact I shot my first dove with it 54 years ago.

Get some kid under your wing that likes to hunt and pass on to him or her.You have a nice collection.Do you have a box of rimfires thatfit the winchester model 36 shotgun? I have a few and the gun but thats my oldest.In fact I shot my first dove with it 54 years ago.
NO I don't have any rim fire for that gun, there pretty rare I would think,
as for trying to find a kid,, for a long time I had hoped to come across that, as I knew my family had no interest, had hoped maybe a friend of mine, maybe one of his kids would show interest, , had some hope for a while there, as a few guys at hunting camp used to bring there kids up, and a few trued hunting/shooting, and pretty much all the members sort of spoiled them with giving them things, me included,
but as they got older they all lost interest!,
so then there was hope with my sister, as she had a bunch of kids!
but none ever did, and since my sisters kids were mostly over seas for there first 15-20 yrs of age) as she was military and spent 20+ yrs of here 35 over seas, there just was not much time spent with her kids to try and get interests in hunting./shooting, I had even hoped that maybe some day one of them, would have a boyfriend or girlfriend even, that had interest , but no luck there either! as a fact, pretty much most of my family's and there kids are more on the anti hunting gun side of the fence!
so, I did think of that suggestion, just never panned out! and I gather my family would rather I sell things and leave them money, than me give things away to a stranger,!

so for those folks that have family into things, your very lucky, and probable don't ever think about it or realize it, HAHA!
as having spent a life time collecting things and just acquiring things in a sport you loved, to know some day when your gone, its all going to be looked at as unwanted junk , is a little depressing, same goes for selling things off before you go, as I am sure we all are guilty of having some sentimental value to some things , as silly as they may be!
Those things I doubt I will sell, or who know, lived most of my life thinking I would never sell a gun, and I already broke that one a lot of times now !~

I am also trying to down size. I look at things a few times and relish the memories, then I decide that enough is enough.

I like to give a few things to people who truly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also trying to down size. I look at things a few times and relish the memories, then I decide that enough is enough.

I like to give a few things to people who truly appreciate it.

9959e5d85ba033d7d943dfea106969b9.jpg

My Dad loved to duck hunt and this box from him, sits by my chair. I have one of his shotguns that he bought in the early forties and also a Damascus barreled shotgun from his uncle.

Other collectibles I haven’t gotten rid of yet are my Grandpa’s walking plow and my mother in laws bicycle.

i have almost the same box filled with bowhunter mags.I have my grandpas chair that i would sit in when he was reloading shotgun shells late 60s early 70s.