Trophy Room / Taxidermy Displays

Those are some very nice bird mounts! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice!
What color of stain is on the ceiling?

Thanks. It is pine with a clear coat and no stain. The room gets so much light the wood naturally darkens bringing out the grain.

Thanks. It is pine with a clear coat and no stain. The room gets so much light the wood naturally darkens bringing out the grain.

Next questions; what did you use for the clear? And... how many coats?

I bet spar urethane would be the ticket for a tough shiny finish. Polyurethane will yellow more if thats desired.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I bet spar urethane would be the ticket for a tough shiny finish. Polyurethane will yellow more if thats desired.

I don't want it to yellow. I have wood bought and sitting... waiting for me to finish it and put it up in the basement, but for the life of me I can't decide how to finish it. I really like the look of Tree Spud's ceiling and could be on board with duplicating it.

Next questions; what did you use for the clear? And... how many coats?

I'd have to check. The contractor who remodeled the room did it. I will try get the details.

I don't want it to yellow. I have wood bought and sitting... waiting for me to finish it and put it up in the basement, but for the life of me I can't decide how to finish it. I really like the look of Tree Spud's ceiling and could be on board with duplicating it.
This stuff definetly wont yellow and is water based. I used it on my euro mounts to seal them up amd stay white but also works great for wood. Some woods will naturally change color or darkness regardless of finish.
cb98e11310bbd840e498b011ce8b1082.jpg
80e69475c01d4bb0a75821b3ab7d616a.jpg

Cat ... Here are a couple more pics so you know what it looks like. The ceiling is about 5 years old now and it takes some time to age. The room needs light to help bring out the grains and tones. I'll get you the details in the next few days.

trophy room ceiling 1.jpg

trophy room ceiling.jpg

Last edited:

Cat ... Here is are a couple more pics so you know what it looks like. The ceiling is about 5 years old now and it takes some time to age. The room needs light to help bring out the grains and tones. I'll get you the details in the next few days.

View attachment 20789

View attachment 20790
That's perfect! It looks great and is exactly what I want. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Beautiful room Tree Spud! I like the big beams!

Here is some of my bucks. All but one with bow.
Really like the photos with the mounts... really adds a whole additional element to them.:emoji_thumbsup:

1c4b69b29f4a07a9edf2f5884e210496.jpg

From left:
1. Late grandfathers 9pt from the 1950s or 60s. Never scored it, but its 130ish. He was leaned up against a tree when he shot it.
2. First 8 point I killed as a teen with a rifle. Never scored, but I’d be surprised if it broke 85”.
3. My most recent buck (2014 New Year’s Eve). 131” 9 point, 23” wide.
4. 2011 11pt, score 137”. I call this the med school practice test buck. My buddy didn’t hunt a stand due to a practice test, I showed up and got the glory. I had no clue this buck was around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy didn’t hunt a stand due to a practice test, I showed up and got the glory. I had no clue this buck was around.

Their good ones. Where the HE$& did you come from!

My buddy didn’t hunt a stand due to a practice test, I showed up and got the glory. I had no clue this buck was around.

Their good ones. Where the HE$& did you come from!

My buddy had a miss opportunity with this buck 3 weeks prior to me shooting it. Squeaky seat, hot December afternoon kept my buddy from facing the food plot. When the buck came out, as he turned, the chair squeaked pretty loud and the buck trotted off. He then hunted that stand every opportunity that the wind was correct. Never saw it again until it was loaded on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok....I am certainly developing a complex now..... You guys have some great and absolutely amazing collections/displays!