Trophy Room / Taxidermy Displays

LOVE the bone collection, and some of the taxidermy is like art!
I don't have anything that compares, just some antlers and my boy's woody.
afd2a7c2e00ec7a2e4f4120507017bbd.jpg
51b7da481260eb304377160c26bdc9bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cat - that "tree" a cedar? I like the "hall tree" idea you have going there. That woodie is pretty sharp!

My euro's and skull caps are all mounted outside on the face of the white barn......I don't have a recent picture as we recently moved all of them (if it had antlers it went).

Cat - that "tree" a cedar? I like the "hall tree" idea you have going there. That woodie is pretty sharp!
Thanks J. It is cedar bolted to an old disc for a base.

556cb9404d69e0c450aed56b46b7ae0d.jpg

Just got this pic from my taxi of last years buck. I like his work.
Baker, what an incredible buck! Don't know I've ever seen brow tines start that far out... almost like they're a morph between G1s and G2s!

Catscratch, I love the cedar display tree and have to say there are some DARN nice racks hanging on it! Top one looks to be the buck in your avatar, correct? DARN nice buck!

Swamp Cat, think the snapper turtle skull's my favorite surprise so far.

Swear I saw one near a pond at my parent's place when I was a younger man that had a head as big as a human. It looked so old and massive I couldn't have brought myself to kill it even had I been armed (wasn't) as it seemed like something that had been alive FOREVER. That said, if it passed naturally I sure would have liked to keep the skull just for the shock and awe of showing it to others. Very cool share.

Catscratch, I love the cedar display tree and have to say there are some DARN nice racks hanging on it! Top one looks to be the buck in your avatar, correct? DARN nice buck!
Thanks! I love to hunt old bucks and yes, that is the buck from my avatar.

Thanks J. It is cedar bolted to an old disc for a base.

556cb9404d69e0c450aed56b46b7ae0d.jpg
I may steal your concept for sheds....or if I decide to take my euros down at some point. Disc blade for a base is interesting as well.....I just have to find one that I haven't bent!

LOVE the forum... one of only about 6 websites I check daily (and that includes email and news sites). That said, strikes me that at least two threads seem to be missing -- one featuring trophy displays and the other a thread for sharing video captures -- will try and kick off a thread for videos separately.

Guessing good many members enjoy seeing taxidermy works, not only for admiring memorable trophies and hunts but also for the creativity in styles of display. Personally I generally like euro mounts and only have a single shoulder mount. At work now so can't share a photo of the euros but will when I get a chance.

In meantime, I'll start by sharing my shoulder mount display, appreciating bulk of forum members likely have bucks hanging that score WAY higher! Honestly, my curiousiity is as much in seeing HOW works as displayed as much as how impressive they might be. Again, just enjoy seeing pretty much all things taxidermy related! Have to look kind of close, but even have a simple case on the table in the lower picture that contains a few small skull finds from various critters, few arrowheads, and dinosaur teeth I dug up while living in Texas (may share a picture of it later as well).

View attachment 20726

View attachment 20727

So having kicked things off, sure would GREATLY enjoy seeing some other taxidermy shares!

Were there other trophy's you were going add ?

Were there other trophy's you were going add ?
Added about all I have to offer. As shared in the first post, much appreciate others will have more impressive shares!

Admittedly kind of random, but do have a crate the wife dressed up that holds bones from a dead-find doe.

20180929_104300-1280x720.jpg

Have thought about taking some of the bones and putting something like this together... could read "Dead does tell no tales (tails)." Anybody busted on a stand by an old nanny doe will understand! ;-)

Screenshot_20180427-201915.jpg

In all seriousness, started thread so all could show the creative things they've done with past harvests and with the hope folks will share pictures as they add to their collection going forward as well. Really enjoyed the shares thus far!

Here is a lynx my grandpa shot in 1949. His brother-in-law was a taxidermist and tanned the cape. It's been in his basement ever since. I had it mounted this spring for him. He passed away in July at age 96. A great story and a great man!
IMG_4071.JPGIMG_4072.JPGIMG_4002.JPG

HOLY RACK-A-PALOOZA, SWIFFY! Awesome shares, and love the lynx as well!

Added about all I have to offer. As shared in the first post, much appreciate others will have more impressive shares!

Admittedly kind of random, but do have a crate the wife dressed up that holds bones from a dead-find doe.

View attachment 20765

Have thought about taking some of the bones and putting something like this together... could read "Dead does tell no tales (tails)." Anybody busted on a stand by an old nanny doe will understand! ;-)

View attachment 20766

Big Bend ... sorry about that, when I opened the thread there were no photos. Very nice buck & room! Really like your display case ... need to make one myself.

Last edited:
Wow Swiffy that's awesome! Makes me feel bad all my sheds are just sitting in a big tote.

Not that I have that many:emoji_astonished: