Tree tubes

Yarg

5 year old buck +
Can you guys recommend the best price on good vented tree tubes, I'm looking for 500, .thanks

Roughly $3,000 for tubes and ties. 5ft. From Tubex. Plus pvc or bamboo which ever way you go. These are what I use. good luck

I run 5’ Tubex Combitubes from Treeprotectionsupply.com. I cut my own 1/2” PVC stakes from Menards and attach with Extreme 8” UV zip-ties.

Just say no to bamboo stakes! They rot way too fast. The oak stakes are only slightly better. PVC allows the tree to sway slightly in wind; makes for a stronger tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concur on bamboo.

I run fiberglass stakes

I have used the Tree Pro Protectors for many years. They are flat and you roll them into a tube and attach to your stake. They last a long, long time and are easy to take off and put back on or move to a new tree. For stakes in use metal conduit. Does the job and inexpensive.

I have used the Tree Pro Protectors for many years. They are flat and you roll them into a tube and attach to your stake. They last a long, long time and are easy to take off and put back on or move to a new tree. For stakes in use metal conduit. Does the job and inexpensive.

Yup.

I received some used 5' tubes. One type is white. The other type is brown. I'm wondering whether the brown ones let enough light through for apple trees. Anybody have any experience with brown ones?

One side comment about the white tubes is that they have spent over 20 years in the sun so far, getting reused over and over again. I'm impressed by their durability against UV degradation. The brown ones were in the sun for about five years so far. I don't know if they were this dark when they were new or not.

Attachments

• Tubes.jpg
    Tubes.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 8
I received some used 5' tubes. One type is white. The other type is brown. I'm wondering whether the brown ones let enough light through for apple trees. Anybody have any experience with brown ones?

One side comment about the white tubes is that they have spent over 20 years in the sun so far, getting reused over and over again. I'm impressed by their durability against UV degradation. The brown ones were in the sun for about five years so far. I don't know if they were this dark when they were new or not.

Most of the tubes I use are brown and I have no issues. I don't use them on apple trees. I've had very bad experiences using tubes on apple trees so I cage them now. I still use tubes on other trees like chestnut.

Yes, I know what you mean. Some had either a mouse nest or a wasp nest in them. On the other hand, the trees they came off of were alive, and the price for them was perfect.

Last edited: