Tree Obsession

squirreljr

Buck Fawn
Evening guys, first time post here. I own a small property, 11 acres in KY. About three years ago I started my infatuation with trees, it started with planting for fall color and the sugar maple. Now I seem to have an oak obsession, I planted about 90 trees this year, mixture of oak, pine, some other randoms and who knows how many acorns this fall. Purchased 2-18s of rootmakers, so now I’m an on to that. No real questions yet but from reading a couple posts seem to be some like minded folks on here.

I been planting sugar maples also.

Oaks and blue spruce seem to grow the best at my farm.

You might enjoy this thread shown below. I said at the end I was taking a short break, but it has been a long break. Maybe I will finish it up someday.

Been playing with it for a few years, taking a good liking to it past 2 years.

I got 3 places I work with, however all of them I have a small area to work with. 8 acres at home, 4 openings on a 650 acre hunting lease, and a spot here n there I can play with alongside 450 acres of farmland. Make sure you see the forest through the trees on 11 acres.

Welcome!!!!!

The addiction( and the joy) is absolute and lifelong

Live by the following: 1)keep planting 2) no complaining

bill

It’s a definite obsession. Never enough !

Yes, a lot of like minded habitat guys.

When you've got more nuts stratifying in your refrigerator than actual food you'll know you need to seek some counseling.

Welcome squirreljr...to the forum and to the addiction.

SLN - (St. Lawrence Nursery) has T-shirts they sell the say ........ "Plant 'til You're Planted." That sums up how many of us on here operate. - - - Addict #229 reporting.