Tree never blossoms?

Mike O

A good 3 year old buck
Have a tree here at my house that has never had any blossoms. Have other trees very near by that are younger and produce fruit. Is this tree just a dud?

What variety? How old? What rootstock?

I have a liberty apple like that. Bought it from a box store - was blooming when I bought it. I have had it in the ground three years and hasnt bloomed since. Liberty. Got a dolgo and arkansas black on either side and they both produce fruit.

I have a Washington hawthorn that I got in a packet from Arbor day foundation that I thought would never produce fruit.
Lo and behold this year after some leaves dropped I see the first fruit on it. It's been in the ground 6 years I believe. Stay patient.

Needs pics. Old beat up trees sometimes dont make amy apples. Im careful to buy blossom group 3 or 4 trees.

Take some pics of the southmost branch tips. See if theres fruiting buds or not. Kinda look like a yellow jackets butt, grey colored.

Take some pics of the southmost branch tips. See if theres fruiting buds or not. Kinda look like a yellow jackets butt, grey colored.
Got some pics saved of yellow jacket butts so we can compare?

Got some pics saved of yellow jacket butts so we can compare?
Was walking down my trees this morning, saw my tiny little trailman has one fruiting bud on it. my 2 liberty's are loaded for only being in the ground for a year. Buds might be a sign they're getting close to being dormant. I got to move a few around.