Trailcam pics

I found a shed while turkey hunting 1 Spring. It has the heaviest mass I have ever seen, not really an impressive antler otherwise but the base is easily the size of a beer can.

Will you be around when I come pick up my trees? Interested in seeing some of these sheds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been getting lazy and not staking down my cages. Mainly because it's such a pain because it's so rocky. Guess I need to start

Last edited:
We found a cage that we hadn't apparently ziptied about 40 yards away all crumpled up and assumed something like this had happened. The roughest part was that a buck decided to rub the small apple tree that had been caged.

A cage around one of my best crab apples got ripped off and tree got rubbed same night.I had another cage ripped of but the little fork horn only drug it about 40 yards.

This buck has been this way since October. Wonder if there will be any carryover effect next year (assuming he makes it).
3d519b2c-27bf-4497-8193-7e8d745715ac (1).jpg
Here's a photo of him from September.
MFDC0587.JPG

carryover effect next year (assuming he makes it).
3d519b2c-27bf-4497-8193-7e8d745715ac (1).jpg

That inside spread must be a record breaker 😁

bb24602e845a6f58b95359ac53aaee8c.jpeg

Still kicking and buck season ends tonight! Definitely blind in that left eye, but it is healed up. Looks like the eye itself is still there. I thought in some of the previous pics you could see it hanging. No matter. All in this offseason. Be on the lookout for more pics this fall. He could be something special!

Somewhere there is a big, heavy, chocolate droptine antler laying on the ground. Judging by the still-dripping blood, I think it isn’t too far. I’ll take a walk today and report back.
1e328bf4dab829e616d6956f9c0790d7.jpg

Got home from the blind tonight and the new biggin’ was hanging out in the back yard. He’s pretty nice.
ced3be2a01be9fb1be6549e581a3eb8e.jpg

7436491f5b948ec9a6487b1261290610.jpg

Is that the Banks Outdoors post feeder?
How do you like it?

Is that the Banks Outdoors post feeder?
How do you like it?

I like it. You can see the spikes I added for coon deterrent on the flat area just above the spouts. I put a PVC sleeve over the post, but it didn’t stop them and also didn’t allow me to adjust the spouts for flow. This is my fifth year with it. I like it for sure. This one lives behind the house. We can see it from the living room.

I like it. You can see the spikes I added for coon deterrent on the flat area just above the spouts. I put a PVC sleeve over the post, but it didn’t stop them and also didn’t allow me to adjust the spouts for flow. This is my fifth year with it. I like it for sure. This one lives behind the house. We can see it from the living room.

You've probably answered this before; do your big bucks show up to that yard feeder in the daylight?

Rarely. It’s in the middle of the desert. Some years there is more daylight doe activity than others. This year was not that year. When there is good doe activity though, it is not uncommon to see several bucks checking them out. The 2 big ones that have frequented the last couple years? One is from a mile North and the other is from almost a mile South. No cover in our pasture to speak of.

My NT that I was after and hit Nov 28th shed over the next 2 weeks and had pic on Dec 31st so looks like he is still doing ok.It's crazy my bucks are still fighting and hitting scrapes.Wish our season was still in but I will take a couple more does and then start habitat work and moving stands.I also found a shed this week in wheat field but looks like knocked out fighting as theres probably 1.5 inches of bone below the pedestal

I can’t believe the number of fights lately. You’d think it was November 1. Crazy right now.

I can’t believe the number of fights lately. You’d think it was November 1. Crazy right now.

Constant fighting on camera. Open scrapes everywhere this weekend tooIMG_3749.jpeg
IMG_3750.jpeg

T max,did you find that shed?

T max,did you find that shed?
Did not. It is extended doe season through Sunday, so next week we will probably go into the area we found one of his sheds last season and see if we can find them. I didn't want to go in too deep into his bedding area while people were still hunting.