Trailcam pics

The right side of his jaw looks a little swollen as well. Other than that he actually looks to be in great shape. I wonder who he fought. Tough critters no doubt!
eb473e977be05284ff551fdd1b47db93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice one b116757! I hope your boy gets a shot at him too.

T-Max, those are a couple of outstanding deer! I personally know of several 190+ deer that were shot that only had 1 eye.

It is pretty crazy the one eye buck lost the eye that has a wall of antlers growing around it. It would take a lot of bad luck for a tine to make it through those eye guarding antlers. Hopefully you can kill him before he gets poked in the other eye.

It is pretty crazy the one eye buck lost the eye that has a wall of antlers growing around it. It would take a lot of bad luck for a tine to make it through those eye guarding antlers. Hopefully you can kill him before he gets poked in the other eye.
My thoughts exactly. What piss poor luck for another buck to sneak a tine by your eyeguard and jab it out. 😂

I'm amazed that part of the wall hasn't been broken off!

I don't think it's anything but the former. Like you said, these animals aren't giving up their shot at life easily, they want to be here and their will to live is insane.
You are spot on. Look at this poor guy. I’ve had him on camera since June, had him in bow range twice. Unfortunately I can’t burn a tag on him and honestly he’s liked for months like this so I’m not sure what his fate is. I have a buddy bringing his son to shoot does in late ml but told him this buck is his main target
IMG_0199.jpeg

Got home from the blind tonight and the new biggin’ was hanging out in the back yard. He’s pretty nice.
ced3be2a01be9fb1be6549e581a3eb8e.jpg

7436491f5b948ec9a6487b1261290610.jpg

Sweet. Any history with him?

Post 255 above. Had some pics of him last year real late. Found both of his sheds this spring. One in my back yard and the another a mile North. I think that’s where he’s from and why he is normally here after dark. Last year he was around 165”. Really narrow, but super mass. Very chocolate antlers for around here.

5 minutes… My 4 antlered buck came out 5 minutes after legal light tonight… I was stuck in the blind as he was only 60 yards. Had to watch him in the waning light for 30 minutes hoping he would wander away. Ended up having to have the wife drive in and blow the field. Hope I didn’t screw it up for the season. 5 minutes…

What are your thoughts on this being the same buck? 1st picture is this year, pictures 2 and 3 are last year. Buck was considerably bigger last year if it is the same one. The flyer points on the G2s, the tall and relatively narrow rack make me think it is the same buck. However he lost some mass and his G4s from last year if it is the same buck.

Doubleflyer7.JPGsquiggymv5_double kick.JPGSquiggymv22.JPG

Tough to say with so few angles but the similarities are striking and it would be one hell of a coincidence that there are two bucks walking around so similar.

I'd say same buck.

Screenshot_20230816_082603_Trail Cameras.jpg1665318703428.jpg
Hard to see from these angles but the buck I killed this year had an inside flyer last year (bottom pic) and it became an outside flyer this year. He also had a sticker on his G2 last year that was gone this year but developed into a baby crab claw at the end of his main beam. Pretty cool to see their changes in character from one year to the next.

Tough to say with so few angles but the similarities are striking and it would be one hell of a coincidence that there are two bucks walking around so similar.
Kind of what I am feeling. Hopefully he makes it through the rest of the Winter and he rebounds next year. Last year I would have killed him and this year I would have passed him.

Nope, I'm saying not the same buck.

Nope, I'm saying not the same buck.
I wish I had the ability to tag bucks 🙂. I always wonder when watching deer videos and guys say with "certainty" I have 3-5 years worth of pictures of this buck. I always doubt myself when looking at pictures and really don't feel very certain that I am looking at the same buck from year to year. Unless there is some other physical characteristic like a torn ear, missing a leg (I had one of those deer in the past) how do you really know you are looking at the same buck.

I wish I had the ability to tag bucks 🙂. I always wonder when watching deer videos and guys say with "certainty" I have 3-5 years worth of pictures of this buck. I always doubt myself when looking at pictures and really don't feel very certain that I am looking at the same buck from year to year. Unless there is some other physical characteristic like a torn ear, missing a leg (I had one of those deer in the past) how do you really know you are looking at the same buck.
I'm not the guy that thinks I can tell a buck from 1 yr to the next, I'm actually pretty critical of my ability to do that and look for physical characteristics and routes combined before I get to thinking I might have the same buck. In this case I just think it's unlikely for a buck to go from a main frame 10 to a 8, and to loose so much mass at the same time.

What are your thoughts on this being the same buck? 1st picture is this year, pictures 2 and 3 are last year. Buck was considerably bigger last year if it is the same one. The flyer points on the G2s, the tall and relatively narrow rack make me think it is the same buck. However he lost some mass and his G4s from last year if it is the same buck.

View attachment 60246View attachment 60247View attachment 60248
If that's a scar on his left ear (our right) im thinking same buck