Trailcam pics

Narrowed down to the hour! He's a nice one!

Crazy thing is this is a scrape they have used over the years. I had almost no pics over it this year yet. Maybe 10 per week. Last weekend I roughed up the ground to bare dirt. No scent of anything. 200 pictures on it this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always thought fresh dirt was "enough" to get a scrape going. Very cool!

The tease shed his velvet. If I can get him through two more years, we may have something special! Problem is the ever-present outfitter 100 yards from where this was taken.... ☹️
T__00017.JPG

The Tease is a beautiful deer with A LOT of potential! Hope he survives the outfitter, but man they are good at taking bucks like that.

That is a good looking buck,is he 3.5 or 4.5?If any of you guys shoot velvet bucks put them in the freezer and order a can of velvelok.Stuff works good we have a muledeer and whitetail that we treated with it

I usually put cameras out, and pick a couple of the bigger bucks as targets, and use them as nothing smaller. Just the biggest 2-3 deer, or bigger strange deer.

I only have a couple cameras up so far, but this is my biggest after 3 days. The bar does t seem very hard this year. Here is my biggest buck after 3 days.

IMG_5486.png

I need more cameras out, but that isnt happening this year. I have a good vantage point from the house to see one of the main plots. So far I dont really have anything to get excited about. Had a decent 5 x 5 come through about 2 weeks ago as the Fall shuffle was just starting. I am starting to get a bit concerned that the drought (EHD) has probably killed off some of the better bucks. Haven't even seen a overabundance of does and fawns this year. Crops are just starting to come out now so there will be more deer relocating over the next couple of weeks.

I need more cameras out, but that isnt happening this year. I have a good vantage point from the house to see one of the main plots. So far I dont really have anything to get excited about. Had a decent 5 x 5 come through about 2 weeks ago as the Fall shuffle was just starting. I am starting to get a bit concerned that the drought (EHD) has probably killed off some of the better bucks. Haven't even seen a overabundance of does and fawns this year. Crops are just starting to come out now so there will be more deer relocating over the next couple of weeks.
Maybe I'm a little too impatient, but I don't know how you guys are just now getting cameras out. I think I enjoy running cameras almost as much as I do actually hunting. Habitat work is still my favorite aspect about all of this, and the cameras are the eyes and ears of what is working or not.

Maybe I'm a little too impatient, but I don't know how you guys are just now getting cameras out. I think I enjoy running cameras almost as much as I do actually hunting. Habitat work is still my favorite aspect about all of this, and the cameras are the eyes and ears of what is working or not.

For the last 10 years they have been up 24/7/365, but once batteries started costing as much as the cameras. I decided I didn’t care what was out there from January-September. Plus I like surprises.

I meant I need more cameras in my inventory. LOL
I cant cover as many spots as I would like, waiting to upgrade to cellular hopefully in the next few months. I leave mine out year round now that they are on my own land.

I upgraded to Cuddelink this year. Having a lot of success with it. Nice to only check one remote camera and not have to go romping around in the core to get pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 270 pound bully buck says he wants to whip all of those nice booners you guys have been posting pic of and run them out of the country.

v1-IMG_0062.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Native Hunter, I have two 4 yr olds this year that are developing bodies that can push other guys around. I'm hoping someone can kill the nighttime buck early in the season. I don't think he plays well with others. The daytime buck we know well, but I'm not sure how his demeanor is.

20230917_102045.jpg20230917_102004.jpg20230918_084417.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Native Hunter, I have two 4 yr olds this year that are developing bodies that can push other guys around. I'm hoping someone can kill the nighttime buck early in the season. I don't think he plays well with others. The daytime buck we know well, but I'm not sure how his demeanor is.

View attachment 57458View attachment 57459View attachment 57460
I hope you get him. He’s nice.

Last edited: