Tip/hint of the day

I also learned this several years ago but still decided to share it. Looks like many have not heard of it or have forgotten about it. So the old news to some maybe new to others.

Just giving ya a hard time.

I'm still amazed they haven't repealed the stupid regulations on these. I've never spilled more gas in my life until these auto valve nozzles showed up.

I'm still amazed they haven't repealed the stupid regulations on these. I've never spilled more gas in my life until these auto valve nozzles showed up.

same here. i don't spill a drop with the old style but i do all the time w/ the new improved models.

That is what is so frustrating to me. Never had a problem with the "old style" spouts. This is bureaucracy run amuck. Stoopid.

You all had problems with the old style and you didn't even know it, evaporation from the unclosed vents and easy to use poor spouts. No need to worry about people now spilling more than ever lost through evaporation they solved the evaporation "problem".

:mad:

How about a gas can that has a clear portion in the plastic so you don't have to hover over it to see if it is full?

Also, have a gallon mark on it...maybe they have them?

Bloods, that stuff makes entirely too much sense. As we have seen, the freakin idiot in charge of gas can design has no grasp on logic or reality.

If you bought a new gas can lately you know the venting on them sucks. Here's a slick trick. Get a valve stem, remove the core and install it in your can. Works slicker than greased pig snot.

20140425_171216.jpg
I've always just drilled a hole for a 5/16" bolt, and stuck one in. What size hole, for a valve stem?

It's around 1/2" but I forget exactly. I use a step drill to make the hole. The straight flutes don't pull the bit into the plastic.

I also don't remember what sixe I used. If I had a extra valve stem laying around I would have measured it. But it is 1/2" or less.

I saw a video where they did this conversion......and they said to use a 1/2" bit.

The non-venting gas can has got to be the poster-child for our politically correct government regulations.....which has run amuck. We (our lawmakers) NEED to have a better plan IN PLACE before passing these kinds of laws. Stooopid.

But those of us who as smart enough will and have found a way around the stupidity.