Time to first apples with dolgo seedling rootstock?

sandbur

5 year old buck +
I know, seedlings have lots of variability...

Does anyone have personal experience with dolgo as rootstock, or have a reference that compares it to B118, ranetka, or baccata?

I grafted about 25 to dolgo last year.

Don't have any Dolgo, but in a few years I'll let you know about ranetka....put a couple dozen in this spring. I'm interested in what others have to say about this too.....

I have dolgo seedlings that produced apples about 7 years after I planted the seeds. My question was referring to grafts onto dolgo seedling rootstock.
Some of those dolgo seedlings now have cleft grafts on them and they have good growth.

I dont have personal experience with Dolgo as a rootstock, I did find a commercial nursery that does offer it as a rootstock on some trees as of late. They were sold out of many varieties and actual rootstock, sales rep I talked to said that there has been a shortage of Dolgo rootstock for the last couple of years. The new rage for that catergory of rootstock is the variety "Sprout Free". What in particular were you wanting to find out about grafting onto Dolgo?

I have dolgo seedlings that produced apples about 7 years after I planted the seeds. My question was referring to grafts onto dolgo seedling rootstock.
Some of those dolgo seedlings now have cleft grafts on them and they have good growth.

Thanks for clarifying, kinda wondered if that was the intent soon after I posted. Would think that what one grafts as well as rootstock has an impact on fruit timing. Hopefully others can share their experiences on both with various rootstocks so if I ever get an itch to graft would be good to know. I'll already have some ranetka candidates to work over.....

I dont have personal experience with Dolgo as a rootstock, I did find a commercial nursery that does offer it as a rootstock on some trees as of late. They were sold out of many varieties and actual rootstock, sales rep I talked to said that there has been a shortage of Dolgo rootstock for the last couple of years. The new rage for that catergory of rootstock is the variety "Sprout Free". What in particular were you wanting to find out about grafting onto Dolgo?
I'm trying to rephrase my quiestion.

Is dolgo a rootstock that is early to bear or late to bear, or in between?

My fault. After I read your title I got lost in the rest of the posting. I cant seem to find anything conclusive in my ever growing digital reference library. If I were to venture a guess I would assume production in 4-6 years of your grafted variety. So I guess I would say likely in between. Though once your rootsock is established no matter the type, years to fruiting is greatly reduced.

No personal experience by ANY means, but I would think that they would be similar to a "Standard" tree. So I'd say anwhere between 5 and 10 years, but I'd think that TC's estimate would be more on the mark.