Tikka T3 22-250

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Thought this might be my only chance to be first to post in a forum. This is my small equipment. Light as a feather and 1/4 MOA with handloads. Whistle Pigs living hard here lately.

I was in the distant tower blind and took pic at the hog:

This might sound dumb but what the he$$ is that? In the first pic?

LOL, its a whistle pig (ground hog) with his insides blown out. The reason I shoot them is because they are very destructive and dig big holes under my building foundations. Its open season on them year around here, and a man needs something to do when he has no turkey tags left.

Learned something new today!!! If that's the ground hog that saw his shadow and gave me 6 more months I mean weeks of winter THANKS for taking him out. Were I live here in Mn we got 14 inches of snow last Wednesday.... Looks like a pretty long shot.(and a lot of fun)

I feel for you friend on the 14 inches of snow. We didn't have that much all winter, and I didn't enjoy an inch of any we did have. I don't know how you guys up north endure that stuff. Hoping things get better for you soon.

Keep posting green grass it helps some. Ha

You're probably not aware, but this is the for-sale section. ;)

Don't feel bad Deer Kar - I didn't know what a whistle pig was either (first glance at the picture I wondered if it was a beaver :))

-John

This clover plot should help ya:

Lol - now if I could just figure out how to move it to the correct place :)

-John

Buy/Sell/Trade. We were just trading some well wishes!!

LOL John, it is small equipment compared to my 300 Winchester Magnum.

Seriously, I just saw small equipment and didn't even see buy/sell/trade. I guarantee you this rifle isn't for sale, but I would buy another one if it shot like this one.:D:oops:

Last edited:
This is my small equipment. Light as a feather and 1/4 MOA with handloads.

Dirtiest thing ever said on habitat-talk. :p

Darn it.... Here I thought I was going to find a great deal on a Tikka 22-250... I have a 6.5x20 Leupold looking for a home on top of that kinda gun.

Dirtiest thing ever said on habitat-talk. :p

Oh my...forgot to run that one by my press secretary.

Darn it.... Here I thought I was going to find a great deal on a Tikka 22-250... I have a 6.5x20 Leupold looking for a home on top of that kinda gun.

You could just give me the scope.:):)

The scope that is on it is a 3 x 9 Leupold that was bought new sometime around 1967. It pays long term to buy quality!!

How much for the dead wood chuck? ha ha

How much for the dead wood chuck? ha ha

I could give you the deal of a lifetime on that!!!:)

If I could find the time in the next few days, there is a daylight showing yote that I would like to put on clearance too..

Nice rifle. Lots of people like their Tika's. That 22-250 is a great varmint cartridge. I wore out the barrel on my Ruger Varminter shooting Prairie Dogs with the first one I owned. The effective range on a good 22-250 is extended over a 223 by a considerable margin. Still, the extra recoil makes it hard to see your target after squeezing the trigger - especially with 12+ power on the scope. (I like to see how much I missed by ;) )

I own one rifle now in 22-250 and its a Browning 1885 falling block action....and wears a fixed 12x Leopold. Good gun.....but the darn action requires you to move it from the bags (rest) when opening the lever to re-load it.....and becomes too time consuming and frustrating in the heat of a good Prairie Dog battle. ;) Does really reach-out and touch things tho. :D

Nice rifle. Lots of people like their Tika's. That 22-250 is a great varmint cartridge. I wore out the barrel on my Ruger Varminter shooting Prairie Dogs with the first one I owned. The effective range on a good 22-250 is extended over a 223 by a considerable margin. Still, the extra recoil makes it hard to see your target after squeezing the trigger - especially with 12+ power on the scope. (I like to see how much I missed by ;) )

I own one rifle now in 22-250 and its a Browning 1885 falling block action....and wears a fixed 12x Leopold. Good gun.....but the darn action requires you to move it from the bags (rest) when opening the lever to re-load it.....and becomes too time consuming and frustrating in the heat of a good Prairie Dog battle. ;) Does really reach-out and touch things tho. :D

That drop block sounds like a sweet little piece of small equipment.:)

I love the Tikka due to its light weight and great accuracy. They are so light, I'm not sure I would want one in a caliber larger than a 270. The recoil would be tough!