thermacell earth scent vs standard refill cartridges?

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Title pretty much states it. You guys have any experience with these. Is is one superior to the other??? I got the appliance several wks ago off eBay an now shopping for the cartridges. Got an early season hunt coming up that Im really excited about and want to have the right gear:)

Never tried earth scent. "Didn't know it existed".

But if your going to hunt early season a thermacell is worth it's weight in gold.

When earth scent first came out I thought it was good. But after I thought about it for a while not so good. Reason being is does it smell like my dirt? Land is different everywhere and it all smells different depending on mineral content and makeup. At least IMO.

I have only used earth scent and its done good for me.

Just my opinion but if the deer can smell the Thermacell it can smell you. I use one, just put it in my backpack for the morning our archery seaon opens tomorrow.

Just my opinion but if the deer can smell the Thermacell it can smell you. I use one, just put it in my backpack for the morning our archery seaon opens tomorrow.

Good luck tomarrow man!!!

Is thermacell better than 100% deet spray?

We'd been using the 40% stuff the last few years and it either lost it's potency or the skeeters just don't care if you have it on. The 100% is more money, but seems to get the job done well for me.

Is thermacell better than 100% deet spray?

We'd been using the 40% stuff the last few years and it either lost it's potency or the skeeters just don't care if you have it on. The 100% is more money, but seems to get the job done well for me.

Jim I cant say it is better than deet but it definitely is less messy and less smelly. Never even had to turn the Thermacell on this a.m.! :)I only had one skeeter that landed on me, its life was short lived. 59 degrees and a light northerly breeze. Beautiful weather for opening morning. Only saw 3 does and 1 fawn, and a bunch of coons.

Jim I cant say it is better than deet but it definitely is less messy and less smelly. Never even had to turn the Thermacell on this a.m.! :)I only had one skeeter that landed on me, its life was short lived. 59 degrees and a light northerly breeze. Beautiful weather for opening morning. Only saw 3 does and 1 fawn, and a bunch of coons.

Sounds like a successful hunt to me! I wish they opened Mo on sep 1!