The ultimate throw and mow rig

TX here's my question at 400 pounds and 4 feet your crimper has 100 poinds per foot pressure. Which as I research you need closer to 200 pounds per foot to level to level the duff. Can you show me a picture of your crimped ground. This is mine after crimping rye I'm July in one pass. The reason I said to mow is mine still easily has duff above 4 inches that could be mowed in my first try with my crimper without water. Next year I will be adding water for another
200 pounds to get my crimper closer to 150 pounds per foot which may flatten it even more and no need for mowing. Curious on everyone's ideas. I think this is a great path forward for all. Big bore did you drag the clover to knock it down? I totally agree on the clover and rye combo and SD always says their like peanut butter and jelly.

Short answer is there isn't anywhere to mount a hitch receiver on the crimper to do the crimper first. With how dry it is, the mowing should definitely terminate the mature grasses and goatweed in that field (not a ton of goatweed but enough, and goatweed won't crimp). It's hard to see in my picture, but the crimper blades aren't straight relative to the overall unit, if you are looking at a blade from the side of the unit, it goes from 1 o'clock to 7 o'clock roughly, so as it rolls, all 400 pounds is on about 6" or so of metal. Here's a pic of a rye field I did, got 99% termination in one pass. The stuff I left standing was intentional for a little fawning / nesting cover.

crimped rye.jpeg

So based on this crimp job and if you broadcasted rye and clover underneath it do you still believe you have to cultipack the seed down yet or is the thatch enough to germinate the rye. That's mighty impressive with your packer max.