the leader board

I have never thought of this forum as a place where we were competing for points of trying to lead anything. I don't even know how to look at any of that, although I doubt its all that hard to find. There are too many other things in life where fighting to be at the top is necessary, and I don't want that to spill over into my "habitat time." I come here to share and receive good habitat information, and have never been disappointed with the quality of the information received.

I wouldn't have even known of this forum except that another member (who I have a lot of admiration for) made me aware of it. I've always kind of felt like the odd duckling here since most members are from the north, but that is part of the appeal to me. You will never learn anything from a clone of yourself, but you might just learn a lot from someone with a divergent background.

I will admit that I am frequently turned off by a lot of the bashing and negativity. And yes, that's why many of those people you would like to see here don't come back. I have friends on both boards, post on both boards and not afraid to admit it. I see several people on here doing the same thing - even some who claim disdain for the other site.

We are so accustomed to living in a society (our democracy) where we can practically say anything and get by with it, we think we can carry it to every aspect of our existence. John has made it plain that this board isn't a democracy. He hasn't stated so, but I would term it as a "benevolent dictatorship." He is the dictator, but lucky for all members, he is a benevolent one. Also, he has laid down his rules, and I personally think they are good ones. He wants a board that children can come to and not see a bunch of trash filth. If I ever change my mind and don't like those rules, I have the option of leaving.

Democracy has many flaws, but a benevolent dictatorship is the cream of the crop.

I haven't kept up closely enough with all the drama being discussed in this thread to make a meaningful comment on it. I hate to see anyone leave here, but such is life. Best wishes to all, and lets help each other be better habitat people and better hunters.

I know my opinion doesn't matter even a smudge more than anyone else's and certainly a ton less than John's, but just stop, please. Heck, if it wasn't for smsmith (and Art's repeated emails) I wouldn't be here to begin with. I have a ton of respect for the both of them. Sure, MO can be a little rough around the edges, but I actually enjoy his banter, have learned some things from him and think he serves a valuable purpose in laying it out as he sees it. Can't speak for anyone else, but I'd always rather leave a conversation knowing where the other is coming from, even if I disagree, than having smoke blown and wondering what the other really believes. Heck, dipper and I went round and round and round in circles in the past. So long as it doesn't go too over the top, I don't see that as an issue. Can't say if it is mutual or not, but I now personally consider him a "net friend," for lack of a better term, and actually look forward to the day when I bump into him somewhere.

As my wife constantly reminds me, people's feelings are serious, and I get that. Still, I can't help but see this entire situation as silliness. For what it's worth, I just wish everyone would put on their big boy pants and move on. IMO, it's not worth getting bent about any of this and I'd personally MUCH rather every regular here sticks around than leave. This has become my favorite site on the web. the cynic in me says that will change eventually, but I see no reason that has to start today.

Thanks everyone for understanding.

I won't get into the politics or motivation of any of the related users. That's really none of my business. I've set some (pretty low grade) standards for the site, and have asked everyone here to follow them.

When the rules weren't followed, I reminded the offending party of the rules. After that, the decision was theirs to do with as they choose.

I hope everyone stays here, follows the rules, and invites their friends. If they aren't capable of that, I hope they find another site to spend their time. Nothing personal.

For those of you that are here and are willing to contribute, THANK YOU! For those that aren't, I wish you all the best.

-John

So, stupid question, is MoLandOwner a stunt double for MoBuckChaser?

Yes, he is back advertising properties for sale on the land section ... based on many of his threads & posts, he is definitely using this site to market & advertise properties he is trying to flip ...

Yes, he is back advertising properties for sale on the land section ... based on many of his threads & posts, he is definitely using this site to market & advertise properties he is trying to flip ...

and?

Mo, everybody knows you're only here for the money, you foulmouthed sellout.

There is alot of information I really appreciate on this forum. I just have been turned off lately because of the Wisconsin political bashing that seems to be seeping into more and more conversations. The more we all stay focused on habitat the better!

I also agree that no one should take anything personal on these forums. At the same time be considerate of other opinions. Treat others like you would like to be treated

THAT is uncalled for. When the name calling starts....that sucks.

THAT is uncalled for. When the name calling starts....that sucks.

That was a joke, Foggy... I'm pretty sure NOBODY is making money off this site.

Wrong guy, Outfitter is selling those properties. Just thought you you guys would enjoy what is available in Missouri if you have the money. Most don't!

Keep trying to stir the pot, no wonder so many don't post anymore, when every post turns into this!

I like knowing about stuff for sale....regardless of whom is selling it. If you don't like a topic....then don't read it or respond to it. Pretty simple.

I never met the guy but I've read his posts here and elsewhere and I never took away that he was anywhere to make a profit.

That was a joke, Foggy...

Tensions seem pretty high for joking right now. Just goes to show you how easy it is to mis-interpreret what is tried to be implied. I thought it strange for you. ;)

Gotta get the smileys fixed so you can add this :D :D to those posts.

:D

Wrong guy, Outfitter is selling those properties. Just thought you you guys would enjoy what is available in Missouri if you have the money. Most don't!

Keep trying to stir the pot, no wonder so many don't post anymore, when every post turns into this!
All I care about is what's the story behind the shed that dude is holding in your profile pic dude?

All I care about is what's the story behind the shed that dude is holding in your profile pic dude?

Which one there's a shed in each hand. You missed the little rack cause you where enommored with the big rack :D.

Which one there's a shed in each hand. You missed the little rack cause you where enommored with the big rack :D.
So the dude in the pic found his biggest and smallest shed in one day....lol. Just tell me more about that giant he's holding!!! More pics would be better.

So is it MBC or not, does it really matter. Persoanlly I'd like to meet John some day, I think we'd get along pretty good. Can he be harsh, yes but there will never be any doubt on what he is trying to say. I have never seen him push any products or try to make a buck. I doubt very much he needs the few bucks he could make here. I also enjoy his post for things he found for sale.

Anyway, MoLand Owner Welcome Aboard

I just have been turned off lately because of the Wisconsin political bashing that seems to be seeping into more and more conversations.

I'm part of the reason for that and I'll stop. I broke my own rule on talking politics on sites like this. Though I was frankly amazed that it has remained as civil as it has, it was never meant as "bash Walker" or WI politics. Frankly, I desperately want Walker and WI politics to succeed. I'd want the same if Burke had been elected, despite never having voted for her (I've never understood routing for the other side to fail, as it means we voters/residents will ultimately be the ones that pay the price for that failure). I just believe we'd all be better served if we were harder on those we actually vote for than wasting our time on trying to get those we would never vote for to take what we say/want/demand seriously. Those we'd never vote for have no incentive at all to listen to us, where as at least those we have/realistically may vote for do. With that, I'll shut up about politics.

That said, I don't see my views on the NRB issue as being political at all. I don't care who the Gov was that was trying to push this through, I'd be expressing the exact same concerns. To me, the NRB issue is about as habitat/deer related as it comes.

Nope, different guy. That is an Outfitter selling those properties. I Thought some guys would like to see what quality hunting land looks like!

Not some swamps other guys are trying to peddle.

Okay Sybil ... :rolleyes: