Surprised this AM

tooln

5 year old buck +
No work last night = AM sit. Decided to go I to the shadow hunter. Don't know who was more supprized. Me or the coon who decided to camp out on the deck of the blind. Heart rate sure went up & about soiled the shorts.

LOL! Those are the moments that really wake you up.

I bet you were wide awake once you were ready to hunt... No groggy feeling :)

-John

2nd surprise was at 7:30 when I stepped out to take a leak. Saw a 8 heading down the trail. The rage did the trick as he went 20 yards and fell.

2nd surprise was at 7:30 when I stepped out to take a leak. Saw a 8 heading down the trail. The rage did the trick as he went 20 yards and fell.

Nope it didn't happen without a picture

Rack may not win no prize but for my hood & neighbors I'm happy to get one that isn't a doe. Now my 40 will become a sanctuary from the Amish army during the rifle season.

Rack may not win no prize but for my hood & neighbors I'm happy to get one that isn't a doe. Now my 40 will become a sanctuary from the Amish army during the rifle season.

That's what it's about. If you can hold out for what's big in your area, ya can't ask for much else.

Don't let us Midwestern plains hunters intimidate ya with our big buck pics. We're just lucky that we have it this good.

Congratulations!

Congrats tooln!

I'm sure the coon is also happy you got a deer.

I don't know if it is the same one or not but there's one I've seen several times go up or down a tree 20 yards from the blind. Have no idea why it would have been there this AM.

After getting the deer this AM I went home and to bed. When I got up I went back to the property to get my pack, jacket and other items I left in the blind and pull the cards from the cams. Since there's not much else going on I figured to sit just to see what else maybe roaming the property. I've been here about an hour now and it sounds like a war zone. The Amish army must be having a sight in day. Nothing from the north with English neighbors but from all other directions I must have heard 200 shots so far. They are getting ready for the slaughter.

I sat tonight and heard the same thing.... I actually can't understand how they can shoot that much? I shoot a few to make sure it is still sighted in, and that's it. I must have heard 50 shots from one place alone?

-John

Thanks everyone.

Great job. The Amish are closing in on me too. They are migrating up the hill but I thing our crazy snow will keep them from coming any further. Their horses don't do so well when the snow is up to their back.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against all Amish. Some are very good just not the ones in my hood.