Summer vacation 2022 to Yellowstone.

That whole area is spectacular. Love the absaroka-beartooth wilderness outside the park. Would really like to do an elk hunt in the thorofare some day too.

Nice bull you snapped a pic of there @BuckSutherland

Yellowstone is a true national treasure, THANK GOD< our leaders way back when, had the foresight to protect it
every American should make a trip there IMO!

and it sure looks and sounds like you and your family had a great time there as well!, glad the flood didn;t lose things for you all!
Yep. No way in hell something like that would happen today if it wasn’t done back then. Kind of like Pittman-Robertson and dingle-Johnson. Hunters like to tout their contributions to conservation but the majority of hunters would strongly oppose it if it were introduced today.

Yellowstone is our summer destination as of this time in 2023. Went once about 15 years ago and now time to take the youngest 2 out that way for the experience. Hoping their addiction to cell phones wont have clouded their vision to what can be found in nature. Looks like you had a great trip.

Yellowstone is a true national treasure, THANK GOD< our leaders way back when, had the foresight to protect it
every American should make a trip there IMO!

and it sure looks and sounds like you and your family had a great time there as well!, glad the flood didn;t lose things for you all!

I couldn't possibly agree with you more. Found myself expressing that exact sentiment over and over again throughout the trip. Half of all the visitors we encountered were from other parts of the globe. Heard many languages spoke. Language didn't matter much. So many happy faces around enjoying it. I was sincerely impressed much more then I thought I would be. My family absolutely loved it too. Pretty sad feeling driving east towards home from the entrance for the last time. I said a little prayer asking that I get a chance to see it again before I die. Next time we are likely doing 50% Glacier and 50% Yellowstone.

Our last full day at Yellowstone we decided to start the day by hiking Mt. Washburn (highest point in Yellowstone). I was in search of bighorn sheep, and the park did not disappoint. We ended up surrounded by them and so damn close you could've petted them. I got a great video. Amazing watching them walk across 60+ degree slope with ease. The hike is well over 8 miles according to the phone apps the girls had. We burned a ton of calories.

IMG_0594.JPGIMG_0595.JPGIMG_0608.JPEGIMG_0609.JPEGIMG_0618.JPEG

The views from the top were spectacular. We could faintly make out the Teton mountains 50+ miles south. Also get a great view of the caldera. Must have been one hell of a blast when she blew.

IMG_0612.JPEG
IMG_0617.JPEG

Looking at Southern Montana from Northern Wyoming. There was nobody within half a mile of us at this point.

IMG_0615.JPEG

After lunch we check out the Tower Falls area just outside the Lamar Valley. To end the day we went down to the West Thumb Geyser Basin to check out all the thermal features along Yellowstone lake. This week a human foot was found inside the shoe of a person that fell into one of the 160 degree hot springs. It was one of the pools we saw. Pretty cool watching hot water boiling out of a cold lake.
IMG_0621.JPEGIMG_0622.JPEG

Park Junkie just made a video of a hike that my family and I did in Yellowstone. We saw everything he shows in this video. We were right in the middle of the falls just like him. The Sapphire Pool was spectacular. So was the overlook.