Summer plot soil builder

FYI, Northwoods whitetails has buckwheat for $47/50 lb bag. Availability of seed must have increased this year, appears buckwheat is down $25+ / bag.

Brian. Curious on shipping costs as I bought 50 pounds for $48 and that is shipped this year Albert lea seed company

I'm sure it isn't cheap to ship, I think AL is a better deal. More so just commenting that the prices have dropped across the industry it seems.

Brian. For sure I was amazed at these prices. I was told by Albert lea it is $50 to ship 50 pounds from Minnesota to Michigan. Ughhh. But if you find a albert lea dealer near you add $5 extra. Hope this helps all

Curious what the panel believes is best way to plant buckwheat Broadcasted 200 pounds of rye last fall. No growth n no rain. Now fast forward to spring. I have bio mass in the field whatever rye n grass. Should I broadcast 50 pounds of buckwheat in 1 acre then crimp and then spray glycophate and then run the disc through at 1 to 2 inches. Please let me know your thoughts on these steps and if you would change it. Ty

Curious what the panel believes is best way to plant buckwheat Broadcasted 200 pounds of rye last fall. No growth n no rain. Now fast forward to spring. I have bio mass in the field whatever rye n grass. Should I broadcast 50 pounds of buckwheat in 1 acre then crimp and then spray glycophate and then run the disc through at 1 to 2 inches. Please let me know your thoughts on these steps and if you would change it. Ty

You need to have a legume to balance. You’ll have a lot of carbon at 200lbs to the acre of rye grain. So if you doing buckwheat - atleast add a pea or annual clover or something. That’s my 2 cents.

Unless you're just trying to smother weeds, a monoculture planting of buckwheat is just ok. Like Buckhunter said, mix it up a bit and get some diversity in there with the buckwheat.

Brian I have both cc6 and buckwheat. What I'm asking is the way to plant it via broadcasting. Broadcast crimp spray glycophate and then disc in the seeds or what steps should I change.

Brian I have both cc6 and buckwheat. What I'm asking is the way to plant it via broadcasting. Broadcast crimp spray glycophate and then disc in the seeds or what steps should I change.
So you have rye growing now? It depends how much rye biomass you want to deal with and what your planting dates are, but I would probably broadcast mid May after terminating rye with gly. Cultipack after broadcasting and pray for rain.