Stock Market is the bottom in?

Anyone know what's going on with GGE? They have really high volume today for some reason but I can't find any information as to why. Earnings maybe?
It's not really that much. Total volume for the day is a little over $4 million dollars. A couple thousand penny stock traders pushing around $2,000 each could do that.

In other news, I added another big chunk to my NVO position today.
EPD is on sale. Do not buy it in a taxable account though. It'll generate a K-1 and that's a PIA if you're a DIY tax filer.
SNAP shit the bed this week. I really like SNAP, and I think they've got a lot of room to run, but their shareholder base is fickle and it's just too easy for a stock like that to go from $11 to $6.
Utility stocks sure aren't pricing like interest rates are going to come down anytime soon. I'd like to stuff some cash in WEC to balance risk, but it doesn't seem like it's got any footing.

It's not really that much. Total volume for the day is a little over $4 million dollars. A couple thousand penny stock traders pushing around $2,000 each could do that.

EPD is on sale. Do not buy it in a taxable account though. It'll generate a K-1 and that's a PIA if you're a DIY tax filer.
SNAP shit the bed this week. I really like SNAP, and I think they've got a lot of room to run, but their shareholder base is fickle and it's just too easy for a stock like that to go from $11 to $6.
Utility stocks sure aren't pricing like interest rates are going to come down anytime soon. I'd like to stuff some cash in WEC to balance risk, but it doesn't seem like it's got any footing.
Just wondering because they were at $3 within the last year and if there was some optimism I'd jump back on it and ride the wave up again. China stock isn't too popular lately but I usually don't follow the crowd.

I'm pulling the trigger today. I'm selling the last of my TBT position, as it seems like an alltime high for the time i've held it. It may be a mistake, but it's all going into puts against MCHI.

I can't figure out TCHI, so i'm steering clear of it, unfortunately. I hope I can figure it out soon, because I think there are some huge profits to be made in its demise.

I still have my overseas pension in the India market, which is doing well.

Happy hunting, traders

GGE is at it again today. Already over 93 million in volume 20 minutes after market open. Something's up.

What is your price target for NVO or is it a long-term hold??? What made you add more? I bought some shares this week but would like to wait and see how things look in a few weeks before adding more.

What is your price target for NVO or is it a long-term hold??? What made you add more? I bought some shares this week but would like to wait and see how things look in a few weeks before adding more.
I'm not selling it until something fundamentally changes. Even if/when it's discovered that Ozempic is shortening people's lifespans, setting them up for cancer or something else from the pharma side effect lottery, I'm confident the FDA will not shut them down, or allow it to be pinned to Ozempic. What I expect will happen is quarter after quarter their growth will exceed expectations and it'll just climb ever higher.

For the time being, I'm selling the three week calls about $5 over the market price. I hold them for a week, and then buy them back and rinse and repeat the next week. In a flat price environment, that kicks out about $50 per call per week. That equates to about a 22% annual income rate on those calls. So if NVO just soldiers on nice and slowly, it's going to be a bin buster. If it's flat, it's still a bin buster kicking out cash at a 22% clip. If it's $120 at market open monday, this is the one I'll be selling. If it's $122, I'll sell the $127. $117, I'll sell the $122.

1707498650280.png

$5 cushion is usually big enough to ride out any rise in price over 5 days. If the price goes up, the price to buy back the calls goes up, and there's no cash income that week, but you've got the increased value in the shares.

If I'm paying attention, I'll also sit out the earnings week just in case it pops on the earnings. I've been pretty lax on that lately.

GGE is moving…….

When the Fed announces the first rate cut here shortly I suspect the market rallies to new high then collapses 30-40% shortly afterword after people figure out how bad things in the economy are looking at that point and the huge sell off happens.

I USED to have a TD ameritrade account. I REALLY like that platform. I didnt get a vote and now all of my stuff is in a Schwab account. I really do not like that piece of crap Schwab platform. I am looking for an alternative platform to buy and sell all of my own stocks, ETFs and funds. Anyone have a platform that they really like???

I USED to have a TD ameritrade account. I REALLY like that platform. I didnt get a vote and now all of my stuff is in a Schwab account. I really do not like that piece of crap Schwab platform. I am looking for an alternative platform to buy and sell all of my own stocks, ETFs and funds. Anyone have a platform that they really like???
If you find something please let us know. I'm in total agreement with the schwab navigating and I can't find a good source of information to know what's going on with the stocks or why they are moving up or down. TD was pretty user friendly. I can use schwab alright but it's just not as good. Feel kind of lost now. I'm doing more buying and just holding my stocks because of it.

I have an E-trade account too but it's not much better. E-trade does have a nice watchlist feature that let's you add certain stocks to the list now and you can look at the list to see what your picks have done over time. The one that hurts is the Nvidia on my list but not in my portfolio. Should, coulda, didn't.

Last edited:
Schwab bought TD. I don't understand why they're moving everyone to their platform when TD has the better setup? Change the color, change the logo and masthead and leave it be. It takes so many more clicks and so much extra scrolling to get around in there. It's crap.

I'd go look at Fidelity. I don't use fidelity, so I can't comment, but that's one extra place to look.

I have Fidelity but have never used the others so I can’t compare. Overall though I find the same issue you all are discussing about finding news on the stock. Much easier to look at other sites for news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a platform that they really like???

No. Unfortunately none of them are that great. I'm in the process of moving everything around, so I'll let you know what I come up with. It will take a few weeks, but hopefully in the end I will have a system I like. All the apps suck, so I'm going to set everything up to run from my laptop. I will have a second monitor at home, but I want to be able to do everything from a small laptop screen in a pinch.

Schwab bought TD. I don't understand why they're moving everyone to their platform when TD has the better setup? Change the color, change the logo and masthead and leave it be. It takes so many more clicks and so much extra scrolling to get around in there. It's crap.

I'd go look at Fidelity. I don't use fidelity, so I can't comment, but that's one extra place to look.
Yeah I totally agree. The Ameritrade account was so much easier, plus I could call people and get a quick response If needed in Omaha !

Big drop today. Maybe time to get into nvo at .708

I'm wondering where and when the bottom will be for anything China.
Peter Zeihan has some interesting predictions on China I like to listen to-some can be pretty bold but all very negative