Stock Market is the bottom in?

We need immigration. We're a nation of immigrants, and that will never change. The best thing we can do is keep our economy the best in the world so we can choose the immigrants we receive.

Edit to clarify: Illegal immigration should be halted, and illegal immigrants should be deported. But we cannot stop allowing immigrants into the US. We need about a million per year. Luckily our closest neighbors have a culture similar to ours. Europe is having a big problem due to its proximity to the Middle East and Africa.
And....just who is facilitating this illegal immigration and migration? Watch.

And....just who is facilitating this illegal immigration and migration? Watch.

When it first started after biden was placed they were all wearing biden shirts. Then they started with denying any border problem at all. Now they are blaming the border crisis/invasion on Trump. TYPICAL dem tactics in my opinion.

I actually think growing our population is a good thing I do have some disagreement with the let anybody walk across the boarder policy that can very easily be used against us by bad actors. We are governed by idiots.

I'm all for people that will work and pay their fair share. I'm totally against anyone getting a free ride and being forced to pay more taxes to help someone else. I worked for my money and shouldn't be penalized for it. People that are not here legally and people that don't pay taxes should not be able to vote for our next president or vote in any election in this country. Getting a president that cares about this country and it's citizens would be a step in the right direction. Stock markets aren't even operating based on logic and facts anymore. Funding foreign countries should NOT be our responsibility. jmo

NVO quietly tacked on another 5% over the last 5 days.

Saw where a company just misreported their numbers and said that they gained 5% but it was actually .5% when it was corrected a day later. Don't think it was NVO. Just a mistake maybe that will have lots of people pissed off if they bought it after the falsely reported "good news". OOPS!

Saw where a company just misreported their numbers and said that they gained 5% but it was actually .5% when it was corrected a day later. Don't think it was NVO. Just a mistake maybe that will have lots of people pissed off if they bought it after the falsely reported "good news". OOPS!

I think that was Lyft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think growing our population is a good thing I do have some disagreement with the let anybody walk across the boarder policy that can very easily be used against us by bad actors. We are governed by idiots.

The US already has a relatively good system for population growth. It's economic growth plus suburbs that are attractive places for young couples to raise kids and grow old. The younger generations have been getting blasted in the ass from every direction, and they're exhausted and insecure in almost every way. We have a real chance to turn things around and get Americans to start having kids again, but there's still a bit of pain that comes with that, specifically inflation. The damn politicians and journalists are trying their best to erode what is left of wholesome American society, so my guess is there needs to be a community-based change, or we just sit around and wait for the politicians to hopefully figure it out. There are a few things going right, like the onshoring of important industries. The new Intel facility in Ohio will breathe new life into a state that has been basically Rust Belt for decades. If we can keep doing this across the country, we will probably end up Making America Great Again and eat everyone else's lunch. We tried globalization, it had its effects, both positive and negative, and now we will try deglobalization, with whatever that brings. It has the potential to bring a lot of those jobs we lost overseas back to the US. If we can get a decent amount of manufacturing back to the US, it will likely stay there for at least 100 years. There isn't a second China. The China boom/bust will only happen once, so after the bust, there's really nowhere else to send jobs. Even if you combine Indonesia and Vietnam, that's maybe a third of China's population. And you can write off most of Indonesia anyway, because it's a very unattractive place for investors.

Growing our population the natural American way, i.e. a healthy middle class living in suburbs enjoying comfortable economic growth, is a hell of a lot better for the long-term cultural and social stability of our country. Immigration is a distant Plan B, as far as I'm concerned. But at least we have Latin America as our neighbor. Europe is suffering on account of its proximity to Africa and the Middle East.

I tend not to get that wound-up about this kind of thing, but the upcoming election bullshit has me pulling my hair out. As an American living abroad, it is thoroughly embarrassing. I consider the US to be the greatest country that ever existed on Earth. But watching the political insanity happening now, it's an absolute circus. Makes us look like a bunch of fools.

Brian Sullivan was sure loving on wing stop last night. CNBC last call.

Brian Sullivan was sure loving on wing stop last night. CNBC last call.
I like watching his show. He seems to do a good job of being neutral and points out a lot of issues that "normal" people have to deal with. Has a good perspective. Then there's the bought and paid for Jim Cramer/Mad Money---think he'll say anything for a dollar.

When it first started after biden was placed they were all wearing biden shirts. Then they started with denying any border problem at all. Now they are blaming the border crisis/invasion on Trump. TYPICAL dem tactics in my opinion.
Just a fact here - Biden did not start the immigration problem. Both parties kicked the can down the road for years. Why? - Because it gets people angry and divided ...... once again ........ and it becomes a money-raising tool come election season. If the problem gets solved - no gripe to raise campaign money from. When will we stop being played as morons???

Also - I was hit for bringing politics into this thread some time ago. What gives on this occasion? (And I'm not p-d off at jsasker007 either. Just asking a question. I like jsasker's input on here, and have learned a few things from his commentary.)

On the subject of markets and investing - are you guys day-traders?? When I read the posts, it seems like some of you gents move into & out of things at a good clip. How do transaction fees hit you?

Just a fact here - Biden did not start the immigration problem. Both parties kicked the can down the road for years. Why? - Because it gets people angry and divided ...... once again ........ and it becomes a money-raising tool come election season. If the problem gets solved - no gripe to raise campaign money from. When will we stop being played as morons???

Also - I was hit for bringing politics into this thread some time ago. What gives on this occasion? (And I'm not p-d off at jsasker007 either. Just asking a question. I like jsasker's input on here, and have learned a few things from his commentary.)

On the subject of markets and investing - are you guys day-traders?? When I read the posts, it seems like some of you gents move into & out of things at a good clip. How do transaction fees hit you?
You're right. My apologies. I will try not to bring up anything political. I will respond to someone that does though. Sorry, sometimes my extreme hatred for biden gets the best of me.

I just buy low and sell high without using any broker. My only fees are the taxes on a sale for profit. Pay about twice as much if it's a short sale(held stock less than a year). That difference in taxes puts more pressure on to hold stocks for a year or more but sometimes I can't help myself.

Just a fact here - Biden did not start the immigration problem. Both parties kicked the can down the road for years.

While technically correct, that is either naive or disingenuous. Trump enforce border policy. Arrests and expulsions increased while he was president.

When Biden got into office, he was mum about his immigration policy because Trump did such a good job drawing union voters away from the Democratic party. Right now there is a literal invasion, on Biden's watch, because of his party's policies.

I think the free money handouts is completely out of control now days too. I know a husband and wife that make close to $100k a year and piss money away on things left and right and they were at the social services office today trying to get assistance. How that could even be possible is beyond what my tiny brain can handle. Makes you wonder if it pays to even get out of bed and waste most of your life working when you can have every day off and walk around with your hand out for free shit. END OF RANT

I use fidelity.

no fees that I am aware of. Some mutual funds I had left over from Edward jones have “ loading fees” then there are administrative fees. But trades are free I believe.

TELL has been gaining steady again. Still under $1 for now. About .80 cents right now.