Stock Market is the bottom in?

I'm thinking that borrowing our way out of debt isn't the answer. Even if you use SOFI. A healthy society doesn't do much for drug companies. Not even JNJ. Keeping people sick with something is a money maker. Take a look at PFE.

I better increase my position in Lily?

Just have to figure out who is going to develop the drug to deal with the problems ozempic causes...

Is there a fund that is just pharmaceuticals? So hot right now…
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While technically correct, that is either naive or disingenuous. Trump enforce border policy. Arrests and expulsions increased while he was president.

When Biden got into office, he was mum about his immigration policy because Trump did such a good job drawing union voters away from the Democratic party. Right now there is a literal invasion, on Biden's watch, because of his party's policies.
The lack of border/immigration legislation has been put off for years by both parties. Neither party has endeavored to tackle a comprehensive immigration bill for years. George W. Bush - in a nationally televised speech - said we (the U.S.) should change the immigration laws so that bringing in illegals "wouldn't be illegal anymore." (I watched the speech live, so please don't try and say George W. Bush never said that). That's because the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and it's member businesses liked the easy sources of cheap labor to displace U.S. workers (who are soooo overpaid). Maybe you ought to do a bit of history investigation. (not angry or jacked-up here, either).

I just buy low and sell high without using any broker. My only fees are the taxes on a sale for profit. Pay about twice as much if it's a short sale(held stock less than a year). That difference in taxes puts more pressure on to hold stocks for a year or more but sometimes I can't help myself.
You do online trading, then?? I read some of you gents enter positions and exit them regularly. Just wondering. I'm not a trader, so I don't research those avenues. I buy & hold for years via both index and actively-managed mutual funds.

The lack of border/immigration legislation has been put off for years by both parties. Neither party has endeavored to tackle a comprehensive immigration bill for years. George W. Bush - in a nationally televised speech - said we (the U.S.) should change the immigration laws so that bringing in illegals "wouldn't be illegal anymore." (I watched the speech live, so please don't try and say George W. Bush never said that). That's because the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and it's member businesses liked the easy sources of cheap labor to displace U.S. workers (who are soooo overpaid). Maybe you ought to do a bit of history investigation. (not angry or jacked-up here, either).

First of all, you haven't actually contradicted anything I said in the post you quoted from me.

Second, you don't specify what sort of border/immigration legislation you think would help. We already have legislation; it's just not being enforced.

Third, I don't think I ever mentioned Bush, and I won't speak to his border policies.

I also won't argue that USCC wants cheap labor in the US as well as the maximum degree of globalization possible; you don't have to import foreigners when you can export jobs, but anything that keeps wages down is good for profits. I've also met and spoken to several members of AusCham, AmCham, and EuroCham in various countries around the world over the last 15 years or so. Most recently, I attended the Australia-Vietnam Investment Forum in HCMC last September, put on by Austrade. This is not to say that I know everything about international trade and business, but you telling me I "ought to do a bit of history investigation" regarding trade policy is a bit misguided.

Exposure info

SymbolFund NameExposure % to LLY
IHEiShares U.S. Pharmaceuticals ETF22.84%
MEDXHorizon Kinetics Medical ETF12.93%
IYHiShares U.S. Healthcare ETF10.15%
MEDIHarbor Health Care ETF10.07%

Didn't you just get done calling me out for talking politics in here last week? These are the kinds of things that irritate the Smile out of me. I guess I'm just funny that way.

The only recent President that slowed illegal immigration was Trump . He threatened Mexico with a 5% tariff and they ran to the border faster than Usain Bolt!

Biden open border will be costly, a terrorist attack will happen soon, plus we cannot house/feed millions of illegals !! It will affect the (Stock Market) as it will be a doozy ! My gut prediction

I'm not in love with all of them.
Just did a quick google read on Pharma stocks.....and funds / ETF's. Seems the returns are not outstanding.....IMO. Tho....Vanguard Health Care fund currently has almost 40% weighting in the Pharma stocks. That fund was a solid performer over the years for me......tho I don't currently own it. It is highly rated.

Where do you get your news?

Here's a good video that pretty much describes what I have been hearing about Mexico. I don't know these two guys, and I can't say I've heard corroboration of every detail of what they are describing, but the overarching story is very much in line with what I have heard from people working along the Mexican border. Ed Calderon is describing the situation from his perspective in the Mexican police, so I feel he does miss a few pieces of the puzzle , but he has some outstanding insights. It's not gospel, and it's not "news" per se, but I think it's an excellent interview that exposes a lot of what is happening between the US and Mexico.

How can anyone trust that fat loss rx to be safe?

Telemark I'll watch the video tonight after kids are asleep. Had too many F-bombs in the 1st 15 min for me to keep on with them around.

On that note, is it safe to take Super Beta Prostate Advanced? My dad accidentally got chewables which he doesn't like, so gave them to me. Reading the label, I don't know what those things are. Safe or no safe?

How can anyone trust that fat loss rx to be safe?

Telemark I'll watch the video tonight after kids are asleep. Had too many F-bombs in the 1st 15 min for me to keep on with them around.
I believe I heard that fat loss drug has been used for a long time to treat diabetes, so now it is being used to lose weight. If that's accurate, then it probably does have a safety record that could be looked up. I'm guessing the risks of using that drug are less than the risks associated with weighing 500 pounds.

Didn't you just get done calling me out for talking politics in here last week? These are the kinds of things that irritate the Smile out of me. I guess I'm just funny that way.
I was merely responding to Telemark's comments. But you're right. Somehow on this - and many other forums out there - politics seem to infiltrate, no matter the subject of threads.

I can't help but wonder how much our U.S. division - and sometimes hatred - delight the Putins, Xi Jinpings, Kim Jung Uns, Victor Lukashenkos of the world.

No anger or hard feelings here, Jsasker! Have a good day.

I also won't argue that USCC wants cheap labor in the US as well as the maximum degree of globalization possible;
Key point. Kinda goes against the "We want to create more good-paying jobs here in the U.S." spiel we get spoon-fed. All lies.