Stock Market is the bottom in?

Garmin blew out earnings today ! My only regret is not buying a lot more at the $75/80 range ?
Garmin was the first stock I ever paid attention to. Got interested in maps and gps while hunting public land in college 20 years ago and thought they’d be a good company. Finally bought my first real Garmin stock about 2 weeks ago. Disgusting.

Garmin blew out earnings today ! My only regret is not buying a lot more at the $75/80 range ?
Ugh. What are the Garmin version of drone stocks?

Key point. Kinda goes against the "We want to create more good-paying jobs here in the U.S." spiel we get spoon-fed. All lies.

Good-paying jobs coming back to the US is already happening as a symptom of deglobalization. The politicians are just trying to take credit for it. Additionally, there aren't enough Millennials and Zoomers to replace the Boomers who are currently retiring, resulting in a job surplus. This is actually a fantastic situation for the American worker, as a labor shortage generally means wages need to increase. That will create a degree of inflation, but the amount of inflation should be overcome by dramatic increases in household income. But this isn't the conversation journalists and politicians want to have. Instead you get journalists, politicians, and capitalists hoodwinking Americans into thinking workers are to blame. So yes, we will be spoon-fed lies by those in power so they can continue to wield power over us.

Politicians:

LoOk HoW maNY JoBs i cReAteD!

USCC:

AmeRiCaNs jUst dOn'T waNT tO wOrK aNyMOrE!

As an individual, there's nothing you can do to change the situation. You can only learn about the situation and adapt to it. The world changes, and you have to adapt to succeed. That's why I'm in Vietnam right now, and why I left China years ago. China is on the way down, Vietnam is on the way up. The US is on the rise, so I will be making investments there as well. Mexico is growing and has incredible upside potential, but there are a few problems with Mexico that are too risky for me, so I'm steering clear of it for the most part.

Ugh. What are the Garmin version of drone stocks?

I'm keeping a lookout for any hint of a government contract with a drone producer. I haven't had time to read up on who is vying for the military contracts, but I think I have time yet to get up to pace on the state of the industry before any big moves happen. I won't be looking to buy and hold on that move, though. I'll just be looking to buy a few call options and scalp a bit on a leveraged position and then get out.

Garmin was the first stock I ever paid attention to. Got interested in maps and gps while hunting public land in college 20 years ago and thought they’d be a good company. Finally bought my first real Garmin stock about 2 weeks ago. Disgusting.

Look back in 2020 at Garmin price !!😕 Good company, nice growth chart. They are still considered a small cap. Pays a 2% dividend as well.

Few years back I bought 20 shares of Nvidia as a starter position @ $260. Had it for a few weeks and it was mostly up and then started to tank along with the rest of the market. I quickly sold them at $240 and was quite happy as they drifted all the way down towards $120. Kicking myself for not having them in the basket today. So glad I hung onto my Lucid shares instead. FML

Look back in 2020 at Garmin price !!😕 Good company, nice growth chart. They are still considered a small cap. Pays a 2% dividend as well.
What's the ticker for Garmin? Do they have any tough competition or are they pretty much the top dog?

Few years back I bought 20 shares of Nvidia as a starter position @ $260. Had it for a few weeks and it was mostly up and then started to tank along with the rest of the market. I quickly sold them at $240 and was quite happy as they drifted all the way down towards $120. Kicking myself for not having them in the basket today. So glad I hung onto my Lucid shares instead. FML
Yeah, hindsight is a real bitch. Lucid didn't have any positive news at all from what I've seen/heard.

GRMN

I think they have competition but just a solid company overall . The low debt part sound 2 billion in cash and growth in earnings all make it attractive.

That being said, it could easily drop back to $110-115?

Ruger has been a disappointment.

I am moving on.

What's the ticker for Garmin? Do they have any tough competition or are they pretty much the top dog?
I’ve always felt like they had a ton of stiff competition. The smart watch business and handheld GPS business has a ton of overlap with Apple and Samsung. This kept me away. They’ve still managed to do well in those arenas and be a leader in some others, like marine.

That is some serious competition. Garmin must have a couple of products where they are leading? Maybe they have a good patent on some of their tech that the others can't copy and compete? I know the dog collars are popular with the gps technology and everyone seems to like the Garmin collars.

Freaking Cramer featuring wing stop today………

ouch!

I just bought a position last week……it’s doomed

i did see a pretty impressive CEO he worked for BLDR…….I like his deal…..

now….wait 4 the MMD

Mad Money Dip

Attachments

• 595FDF53-B1BB-4FEE-B1A4-6BAB0516E7AF.gif
    595FDF53-B1BB-4FEE-B1A4-6BAB0516E7AF.gif
    70 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I heard that a bunch of politicians and millionaires/billionaires are starting to sell. What so they know?

That is some serious competition. Garmin must have a couple of products where they are leading? Maybe they have a good patent on some of their tech that the others can't copy and compete? I know the dog collars are popular with the gps technology and everyone seems to like the Garmin collars.

Look into marine chart plotters. They have comp but they are big in the market. Also right now their satellite texting is the only affordable offshore comms. Elon is working to change that though.

I don't own any, just use their stuff.

Garmin makes trolling motors too.

Yeah we traded fishing boats last yr. Dealership was sorta promoting the Garmin but I opted for Bird. Decided against live scope stuff. Had I went for that, would've chosen Garmin