Stock Market is the bottom in?

I’m not complaining about the job losses merely stating what’s going on in our industry. I thought it pertinent information for a stock market thread although there doesn’t seem to be a strong relationship between the stock market and the economy at large in more recent times say the last 20 years.

Not going to be uncommon this year. Employers gave out insane raises and bonuses the past couple of years to retain worthwhile employees.

Profitability decreased because of increased payroll. What many employers bought with their money was employees that continued to show up for work and in time developed a swagger that is telling the employer that they are to valuable to be replaced.

Fast forward to 2nd 1/4 of 2024. Employers are sick of the lowered productivity that they bought with many employees and are finally starting to tighten their belts and trim the fat.

Who can blame them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to bump up my employees pay a few times just to keep them coming in. Finding worthwhile employees would be a dream come true. I've got some good workers but they are the ones who have been with us for 30 years. Finding any younger people to work has been mission impossible. That's been the story where I live for about 10 years already trying to find help. I've been forced to go with automation already in my shop and that is why I think investing in any companies that sell or are affiliated with automation should be a good investment. Automation once paid for just keeps putting out product and after the initial investment you're making money and not relying on people that will run off when you need them the most. Invest in automation. jmho

Know is making a move.

They have a stick less blood monitor system.

I got word the rest of my accounts are moving to Schwab in May. Not looking forward to that. Whoever decided to trash the TD platform has made a giant mistake.

Does anyone have a trading platform they like to use?

I'm using E-trade and Schwab right now and they work ok but I think there's better options out there. Heard Fidelity is decent but can't confirm.

Might have to check out SOFI as an investing platform.

Interesting commentary out of one of the fed suits. Sounds like the fed may skew their work on the destruction of the currency and country. They're talking about speeding up the rate at which they dump mortgage bonds back onto the market, and also start dumping longer term bonds and notes in favor of T-bills. Apparently they want to get the yield curve straightened back out by pushing down short term rates, but I wonder if they can do it without pushing longer term rates up. There's already an obscene amount (trillions) of long term war debt that needs to be refinanced this year, and if the fed isn't there to bid up the bond values, we could get locked into some higher rate costs on all of it.

Gold popped quite a bit on the news. No idea what this will end up doing, but I'm sure it won't be good. I wonder if the fed isn't trying to flush all that cash out of the money markets and back into the bubbles.

1709318121051.png

I don't believe that the same people that got us into this mess will be able to get us out of it. Maybe if they raise the age to collect social security to 100. They haven't tried that yet. YET

F******g Nostradamus.... She deserves a permeant stay at Guantanamo Bay. Meanwhile her city is a complete filthy shithole with hundreds of businesses fleeing, crime, overdose deaths and complete misery and chaos.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 140127.png

She's only making that much? She should vote herself a big fat raise for all the hard work she has put in working so hard for the people to ensure we all have fair and equal treatment. Nobel peace prize candidate right there. FJB!!! FNP!!! Wonder if Paulie P ever served his community service for driving drunk and hiding the identity of his passenger at 3:00am? Anyone else would still be in jail.

I don't believe that the same people that got us into this mess will be able to get us out of it. Maybe if they raise the age to collect social security to 100. They haven't tried that yet. YET
Social security gets cut every year due to underreporting inflation and money printing.

Some truth to this
The 2024 increase was 3.2%. If a recipient was trying to get by on it and just pay rent/property tax, utilities, insurance, food, clothing, home and/or car repairs, 3.2% ain't gonna outrun the inflation in those necessities.

Some truth to this
Shouldn't we be drawing interest on the social security money that the government has stolen from our paychecks over the course of our entire lives? They will ration it back to us and no person will ever get back the original amount they "invested" with the government, let alone get the interest we should be getting. Should be able to opt out at age 18 and never get social security when you reach the age to collect. It's OUR money.

I got word the rest of my accounts are moving to Schwab in May. Not looking forward to that. Whoever decided to trash the TD platform has made a giant mistake.
I was just on the phone with my Schwab rep today on an unrelated matter. I was teasing him that some of the Waterhouse Accounts were having trouble navigating the Schwab process.....then asked him if the Waterhouse merger didn't get him a whole lot of new business. He told me that there was allot of accounts but many were not what he considered "great business" for him. I did not probe deeper. I suppose he figured Waterhouse accounts were cheap....lol. (don't really know that.....just stirring the pot.). think there are some pretty active traders that have Waterhouse accounts. All that "churning" can be lots of work at times.

I had a Waterhouse account at one time.......but moved to Schwab and Vanguard over time. It was easy using either.....but I really liked the treatment at Vanguard in those times. It was seamless and just never had a glitch in doing business with them. That is some years ago....not sure how they operate today. Schwab has been good for me too.....all of 'em take a little learning curve.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 220239.png

Hopefully we can find some more money for Pukraine and Israel, another 10 million illegal aliens, maybe a few hundred thousand more fentanyl deaths, some transgender military training with pronouns and another plandemic. Xiden and the unity party are doing a great job of suiciding our country. This is f******g pathetic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/01/the...ising-by-1-trillion-about-every-100-days.html

Our taxes will just keep going up to fund the idiotic Agenda being carried out by the mentally challenged leadership.