Stock Market is the bottom in?

Sofi should take off after earnings on 1-29-24. Finally should be showing a profit for the first time.

Sofi should take off after earnings on 1-29-24. Finally should be showing a profit for the first time.
I've been watching that one for a few years. Surprised it hasn't gotten more love.

I scooped up some BMY last week. They were looking cheap, and they seem to have a good portfolio for all the new opportunities coming along.

BABA is supposedly going to be a solid play again in the near future. Large companies are reducing the bets against them and giving investors hope that hedgies won't keep the price down much longer.

I bought some baba a week or so ago. My Wall Street guy told me to buy.

Sounds like shipping companies are going to keep going up like DSX and GNK. They also have a good dividend.

Bought into DSX last month @ $2.91. Also bought into CIFR early last year @ $1.20, sold a little early @ $4.50. No DIV's on CIFR, but I could see it taking off again. It could also nose dive, so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
I'm trying to double up my position in NVO. Don't wanna buy at this price, but will dangle some cash at the put buyers at $102.

Our local community of 8000 people just got word two business are leaving the area 450 jobs lost. Bidenomics hard at work for us.
Any idea where they are going?

Sounded like the Value Merchandizers distribution center was moving to Mississippi and Timkin was going to Mexico or already had and they where just closing this small plant down.

Our local community of 8000 people just got word two business are leaving the area 450 jobs lost. Bidenomics hard at work for us.

What type of businesses?

Value merchandisers is a distribution center for consumer retail Walmart type items non durable goods. Timkin made fan type v belts and other belts of all kinds.

Value merchandisers is a distribution center for consumer retail Walmart type items non durable goods. Timkin made fan type v belts and other belts of all kinds.
That hurts. My hometown has pretty much dried up over the years too.

The offshoring race began when Ronnie Reagan made his speech to the nation in the 1980's where he said, "....... We're going to change our economy from a manufacturing-based economy - to a service-based economy." The "American" business community wanted dirt-cheap labor, so off to China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, Mexico they flew. I'm old enough to have seen the speech, and watched as so-called "American" companies left in droves.

When dictator wannabe was prez, many companies he was going to "save" ----- left as well. This has been going on for decades. Without saying it in words, it's the "business community's" way of telling American workers, "You've been paid way too much, and you're lazy, so we're going elsewhere where we can run sweatshops 12 to 16 hours a day."

That dry pine-cone feeling in our butts is their gift to all of us ..... and our kids / grandkids. Truth hurts.

Not gonna get into the politics crap here but on a side note you might want to see a doctor if your rectal discomfort continues.

I been buying Fidelity blue chip growth, GE, Broadcom,Honda,ODD,Toyota, Costco, and a ETF for home builders, and a Russel 200O fund.

Last edited:
Anybody investing in cybersecurity businesses? Maybe an ETF? This seems like a market that’s only getting more and more important and roomy. I don’t know the ins and outs though.

Last edited:
Anybody investing in cybersecurity businesses? Maybe an ETF? This seems like a market that’s only getting more and more important and roomy. I don’t know the ins and outs though.

I’m still apprehensive. I’m about 80% back in, but I’m sticking with energy, pharma, and short and long term bonds. I think long term bonds could have a big year when the fed starts buying again this summer. At some point they’re gonna have to write the check to keep the spending going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angus, why in the world would you buy Fidelity Blue Chip Growth fund shares ... it only went up over 55% last year. Gotta love the magnificent 7

2023 DJIA = !6+ % S & P 500 Index 24% Nasdaq 44 % Guess you put some money in the right place .... kudos