Stock Market is the bottom in?

I had to make up for my lithium recycling stocks that tanked.

Sofi should take off after earnings on 1-29-24. Finally should be showing a profit for the first time.
I bought some in the $4-6 range . 400 shares ? I think it might be a company the young generation seems to like.

The offshoring race began when Ronnie Reagan made his speech to the nation in the 1980's where he said, "....... We're going to change our economy from a manufacturing-based economy - to a service-based economy." The "American" business community wanted dirt-cheap labor, so off to China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, Mexico they flew. I'm old enough to have seen the speech, and watched as so-called "American" companies left in droves.

When dictator wannabe was prez, many companies he was going to "save" ----- left as well. This has been going on for decades. Without saying it in words, it's the "business community's" way of telling American workers, "You've been paid way too much, and you're lazy, so we're going elsewhere where we can run sweatshops 12 to 16 hours a day."

That dry pine-cone feeling in our butts is their gift to all of us ..... and our kids / grandkids. Truth hurts.
Reagan was the best President In my 55 years. Absolutely an amazing President! Such a contrary to the occupant we have in office now. Trump would be second based on accomplishments!

Last edited:
I bought some Tesla puts yesterday. I think they are finally on their way down. The EV experiment was a disaster, and I'm betting Tesla will feel it worst.

You guys got me looking into SOFI stock. That looks promising. I will have to look more into it.

I bought some Tesla puts yesterday. I think they are finally on their way down. The EV experiment was a disaster, and I'm betting Tesla will feel it worst.
I have a lot of faith in ELON. Tesla is more than just a car company too. They are being paid by other EV makers for the right to use the Tesla charging stations because they are the best available. Elon is genius and seems to be playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers. jmho

The offshoring race began when Ronnie Reagan made his speech to the nation in the 1980's where he said, "....... We're going to change our economy from a manufacturing-based economy - to a service-based economy." The "American" business community wanted dirt-cheap labor, so off to China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, Mexico they flew. I'm old enough to have seen the speech, and watched as so-called "American" companies left in droves.

When dictator wannabe was prez, many companies he was going to "save" ----- left as well. This has been going on for decades. Without saying it in words, it's the "business community's" way of telling American workers, "You've been paid way too much, and you're lazy, so we're going elsewhere where we can run sweatshops 12 to 16 hours a day."

That dry pine-cone feeling in our butts is their gift to all of us ..... and our kids / grandkids. Truth hurts.
If it wasn't for cheep overseas production we would be in a major depression and most us citizens couldn't afford to keep the heat turned on.

I have a lot of faith in ELON. Tesla is more than just a car company too. They are being paid by other EV makers for the right to use the Tesla charging stations because they are the best available. Elon is genius and seems to be playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers. jmho

I like Elon ok. I just think Tesla stock is extremely overpriced, and I think there is a serious correction coming for that stock in particular.

I like Elon ok. I just think Tesla stock is extremely overpriced, and I think there is a serious correction coming for that stock in particular.
Very well could be. I think Tesla actually has the market cornered right now. The majority of news is against Tesla/Elon in general. I'm waiting for the stock price to dip a little more so I can buy back in. So far, everytime I buy TSLA I make a decent profit after a few months.

My thoughts on TSLA are that I think the price of the stock will climb back up to about $500 and then do a 4 way split that will put the PE right about where the correct valuation should be. Won't happen over night though. jmo

What indices do you use to come to this conclusion?

What indices do you use to come to this conclusion?

The only metric I am looking at is PE ratio, which is 70. But I also believe battery technology is way behind what it needs to be for Tesla to be what everyone wants it to be. Also, sales are floundering, and it's been nothing but bad news for Tesla for about two weeks. I think the market will adjust the price because of this. It might take an even more severe downturn if people realize the whole EV hype is waning.

The only metric I am looking at is PE ratio, which is 70. But I also believe battery technology is way behind what it needs to be for Tesla to be what everyone wants it to be. Also, sales are floundering, and it's been nothing but bad news for Tesla for about two weeks. I think the market will adjust the price because of this. It might take an even more severe downturn if people realize the whole EV hype is waning.
I agree with everything you said but I think Tesla remains the top dog and the other EV makes go on the downward spiral.

Just guessing on my part.

I'm not saying they will go out of business. I just think the stock price will come down a bit. So I bought some puts to leverage that as much as possible. I could get burned, but I doubt it. I've actually been waiting for this exact moment for a long time. There's just too much bad news for the market to not react.

Hertz just dumped all their EV including Tesla

I never really figured an EV would be good for heavy work or driving all day. Kind of a status symbol to look cool for your friends kind of thing. Then they got the sheeple to gobble up the bullshit about how EV's are saving the planet and turned it into that. Tree huggers slashing tires on gas/diesel vehicles in the name of saving the planet. Too stupid to make up. jmho